No rhyme or reason

Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

No rhyme or reason

"No rhyme or reason."

This phrase has been on my mind this morning. Ironically, when I looked it up it seems to have originated from Shakespeare's play "The Comedy of Errors". I'm wearing my favorite shirt that has another quote from that play.

No rhyme or reason:

It basically means that there's no rationale for whatever's going on because there's no pattern (rhyme) or logic (reason) behind it. You just can't figure it out no matter how hard you try.

When I'm able to embrace this philosophy, life goes easier. Energy gets put to use in positive ways. I'm able to let things go and move on. Or if I can't, I realize I need help. The bigger my support system from healthy people, the quicker I heal.

There's another way this applies to my recovery from having alcoholism, abuse and trauma in my life. Once I let things go and move on, time and distance helps things become very apparent. There seems to be no rhyme or reason in letting go of looking at problems to be able to see them clearly. I keep experiencing it.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

No rhyme or reason:

Did a bunch of Saturday cleaning after midnight, just as Saturday officially started.

Dusting, polishing stainless surfaces, tidying up, etc. Nothing too intense. Simply having a great time getting these these done with music on and a joyful heart.