Thanks to everyone here

Old 09-11-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone here

Just want to say thanks to each and everyone of you for your courage in sharing your personal stories and for the experience and wisdom of every poster and commenter here. I have learned so much more about myself through this forum in the short month I've been here... My weaknesses and strengths and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel this morning. It's a very hard and painful journey loving someone with mental health issues... And this break up I'm experiencing has been the hardest thing I've gone through, but it's also been the best gift too. I'm learning about what it means to love myself...like really love myself... Not totally doing it yet but getting there! I'm no pro! And I thought I had it all sussed out before but this break-up has opened my eyes, lead me to this forum, therapy, great soothing empowering books - particularly 'Daring Greatly' by Bene Brown. And your posts have helped me recognize my blind spots and where I've been neglecting myself. I particularly want to shout out to Trailmix for really spending time to analyze my story, just wow. Kevlars too, all of you ... I'm so grateful. I just want to say thanks for helping everyone.❤️ 😊

P. S. I'll be posting more along the way as I'm not there yet, not out the woods yet...I'm still questioning everything and have anxiety and insecurity about many things. But grateful I got you all here to keep shining the light, thanks x
Old 09-11-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can say the same. If it weren't for this forum, I don't know where I'd be with my AH. For now, I'm getting ready to divorce him because I've learned alcoholism is progressive and I've literally seen him progress through these last 7 years. I've come yo realize that my life is much more than sacrificing it to watch him destroy his. I deserve to be happy too. In time with self love n care, I'll be good to show another person extrodinary love and vice versa. A healthy love. Not just lip service like AH has given me.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awe huge hugs!

This is a place of great support, that is for certain!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you too Surfbee, you are also contributing to this I'm glad you're here and sharing your story and thoughts! Love hearing from you
Old 09-11-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Thank you too Surfbee, you are also contributing to this I'm glad you're here and sharing your story and thoughts! Love hearing from you
Absolutely!