Healing: massage therapy

Old 09-05-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Healing: massage therapy

Massage therapy, anyone?

Healing nerves, muscles, cells. Learning to allow good healthy connections in life. Informing tight, stressed, tense muscles how to f-ing let go of the stress!

One of the skills in my recovery toolbox is scheduling time for massage therapy.

We are important. We deserve healing and relaxation.

I just noticed a digital receipt from a spa I went to while on vacation this summer, and visiting their web site was a fun, good connection in it's own right. Fall specials, body wraps and a reminder of hot stone massages that I've had from a local massage therapist.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love massages, if they only were a bit more affordable This month I am already treating myself to a 2 night getaway somewhere on the countryside. Maybe for October I will book a spa day!
Old 09-05-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

The getaway sounds wonderful.

When I can splurge, I do. I had a 2 hour Native American Raindrop Therapy with hot stones added that was absolutely amazing just over a year ago. When I approach it with the mind-body-spirit connection it seems to be even more healing.

Groupon often has specials. I just pray and go with my gut.

I'm spending less on vacations, massage therapy and wellness doctor visits than the dominoing health issues I had for years due to stress. Ebb and flow in a much more fun direction.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've never heard about that technique before! We do have the hot stone one where I live though. I will check what Groupon has to offer, I totally forgot about that option, thanks for the reminder
Old 09-15-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thinking of this today.

kevlarsjal, did you get your getaway?
Old 09-15-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Mango! Thanks for asking Yes, I did go away for 2 nights this week, it was lovely! It was very relaxing and exciting at the same time, seeing new things, being in nature and not having to do much like cooking, cleaning, getting groceries. I even ended up learning new things about myself as I haven't really done things on my own much in the past years.

I hope to do it again soon

And I found some nice looking massage offers on groupon which I also might try soon!

How are you doing?
Old 09-16-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

That sounds beautiful! The "relaxing and exciting at the same time" is exactly the direction I'm going this afternoon. The wind has picked up, seasons are changing, it's warm and beautiful outside and I'm going to enjoy it.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love getting massages. There's something so healing about them. I wish they were more affordable, though.

I've read some things about how we hold our emotions and trauma in our bodies and that massage and yoga can release that stuff.

Also the massage therapists always tell me to drink a lot of water afterward to flush out toxins.

My mother seemed to hate being a mother and she wasn't a nurturing type in the least. Just saying because I think that's why I find so much healing in massage. I also love the music, ambiance, and scents--the whole picture is so relaxing. I wish the effects lasted longer, though.

One time I had a massage and the loud ticking of the clock on the wall ruined it for me. Another time the massage therapist talked too much. But usually I've had really great experiences and feel completely transformed.

I usually just get a Sweedish massage. I tried deep tissue once but I didn't like it. I don't personally like the hot stones either.

Groupon and massage therapy chains are a good way to save some money on a massage. I'd rather get a massage than a mani/pedi any day.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
I'm spending less on vacations, massage therapy and wellness doctor visits than the dominoing health issues I had for years due to stress. Ebb and flow in a much more fun direction.
I was in the hospital a few years ago and it took a lot of tests for them to figure out what was wrong/what wasn't wrong. It was stress related but it was still a real medical diagnosis. All of the health care workers I was in contact with said so gently, "Stress really impacts the body" or something to that effect. The mind body connection is real. In hindsight, most of my health issues over the years were stress related.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I tried a crystal massage in August and it was kind of different--I did lose some of the tension in my lower back and neck, so that was good. I also enjoy getting a facial because that seems more "pampering" and less of the body work, which can sometimes leave me in pain. I think that simply taking the time to realize that I need to be nice to myself is a good start.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've been doing some posture re-balancing stretches and exercises today. The feeling I'm getting from them reminds me of a really great massage I had on vacation a couple years ago. I am feeling big muscle releases and a new alignment in my body. It's like "Oh! That's what my body is able to feel like!!"
Old 10-04-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lord, what would I give for an hour long massage? As soon as I have some play money I need to book one. In the meantime, I have a shiatsu massage chair that I plug in. Not the same, but better than nothing!