Off Topic... the dogs

Old 09-09-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My phone has been silent. He hasn't called me since Wednesday when I had my surgery.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Box.....do you think the rehab has restricted his phone use.....?
How are you doing with your surgery recovery, at this point...?
Old 09-09-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm ok n as good as can be expected. I was taking care of myself through the night instead of asking for help. I don't want to depend on anyone even though friend is here. If I could drive, I'd send her home n be done with it. Once the alcoholic gets out oif rehab (I think on Wednesday), I'm sending the friend home. I miss being alone. I've been putting a little weight on my heel. I look incredibly stupid standing at my kitchen sink trying to reach for something on my heel without my crutches. Once I hit 10 days, I should be walking short distances without the crutches.

I am mad though. I just found out the car I gave my mother to make her life easier, she sign away. Mad is an understatement of all time! Then she asked me to take her to the Dr. I told her, I CAN'T DRIVE ANYWHERE!!! I hung up on her! I am that mad! I'm at a point in my life where I could start writing people off n not think twice. And no... it's not my drugs talking. It's my life experience with people.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just wow! To ask a person who has just had extensive foot surgery to drive them anywhere....just takes my breath away.....Must be incredibly insensitive or out of touch with reality.....perhaps-- engulfed in her own self centeredness….?
Old 09-09-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Just wow! To ask a person who has just had extensive foot surgery to drive them anywhere....just takes my breath away.....Must be incredibly insensitive or out of touch with reality.....perhaps-- engulfed in her own self centeredness….?
I'm over people dandylion. And yea, she's like, well I'm not asking you to take me tomorrow, but next week. NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Box.....I think it comes to a point where we can see that we just have to back away from those where it is all takin and no givin…….
Old 09-09-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Box.....I think it comes to a point where we can see that we just have to back away from those where it is all takin and no givin…….
I'm ready to add her to the list of peopl e who won't get my new number. She has done nothing in her life since my dad left her but use and take from me. I know she's my mother but c'mon. She just gave away a car I had paid $14k dollars for.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Box, write off the toxic people, all of them!

I hope you get better each day friend!
Old 09-10-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I'd rather be alone than maneuver around people with that kind of BS any longer.

I can look back in hindsight & see a very long line of people I gave my energy & emotion to time & time again. It was an endless well I was never going to be able to fill & I have chosen to write a lot of people off - both friends and family.

Sometimes, this is the most basic way we can get the point across that "I finally realized that I can't change you, so I'm going to change ME." Our actions speak louder than our words too - not just the addicts - & sometimes, believe it or not... I just get tired of talking.

I'm glad you're taking care of YOU.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm definitely taking care of me, that's for damn sure! I am my own number one!

I can not wait for him to get home!!! Not to rude the magic carpet ride but to get my life back!!! 11/13/18 can't come soon enough!

I went to Micheals craft store yesterday n today. Yesterday I saw a woodsy type wreath that would look really nice with my buck mount in it. I didn't buy it yesterday but I thought about it all day. I had my girl take me back n get it. It was $27. I got it on sale for $11!!!
Old 09-10-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
I'm definitely taking care of me, that's for damn sure! I am my own number one!

I can not wait for him to get home!!! Not to rude the magic carpet ride but to get my life back!!! 11/13/18 can't come soon enough!

I went to Micheals craft store yesterday n today. Yesterday I saw a woodsy type wreath that would look really nice with my buck mount in it. I didn't buy it yesterday but I thought about it all day. I had my girl take me back n get it. It was $27. I got it on sale for $11!!!
Adding a pic...

Old 09-10-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Box...great bargain!
I am not allowed to go to Michael's without adult supervision......
Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My son has kind of restricted me from Michaels, JoAnns and the local yarn store. I have 3 projects (a gift for Mom, a curtain panel, and a pair of socks for him) that I have to finish before I can go back without getting a raised eyebrow and "Did you finish....?"

Wishing you a speedy recovery, BoxinRotz, and some much needed time alone, and the wreath looks like it was made for your buck!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Box...great bargain!
I am not allowed to go to Michael's without adult supervision......
I never go in there and I really like it! lol They are having 40% off sale... or maybe I shouldn't tell you!

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
My son has kind of restricted me from Michaels, JoAnns and the local yarn store. I have 3 projects (a gift for Mom, a curtain panel, and a pair of socks for him) that I have to finish before I can go back without getting a raised eyebrow and "Did you finish....?"

Wishing you a speedy recovery, BoxinRotz, and some much needed time alone, and the wreath looks like it was made for your buck!
Thank you! I thought it'd look nice too and it really does. As I told Dandylion... there is a 40% sale. SHHHHHHH
Old 09-11-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Looks great Box! We don't have a Michaels here, but I spend a considerable amount of time and money in Hobby Lobby!
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Looks great Box! We don't have a Michaels here, but I spend a considerable amount of time and money in Hobby Lobby!
Hobby Lobby hhas nice stuff but their prices are outrageously high!

I don't want to sound ungrateful n I know it'll come off that way but I can't wait for my friend to go home. She has talked non stop the whole time about her whole life story. I'm over it but I can't tell her to shut up. I'm ready to be alone n have my house back.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I totally understand. I have some friends I can only take in small doses!

I only buy things that are 50% off at Hobby Lobby which is often. And they always have a 40% off coupon online for any one item at regular price. I have gotten some good deals.

I hope your friend is out of there soon Box!!!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yea me too but she just told my landlord she needs to stay 3 more days.