This past weekends visit. . .

Old 09-04-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I guess I have a little bit of a different take on a late pickup. To me, that is less time your DS is w/his father. That's a plus. Is it rude and disrespectful? Yes. Is the court likely to do much about someone being 15 mins late, even on a regular basis? I doubt it.

I think you are doing the right thing. Don't engage w/drama. Document away. Do all you can to protect your DS. Be glad he does not demand your older DS goes as well.

It stinks that we are left being sober monitors after we get divorced, but that is reality for so many of us. I can only say explain to DS what normal behavior looks like, and what not normal things look like. I know someone on this forum has some sort of special watch or phone that only calls the other parent, can you get him something like this? My child was given a phone at age 8.5

The reason was not that I thought she needed a phone to play on etc, but that I wanted her to have a way to reach me should she need me. And she had to use it, many times.

Big hugs to you. You are an excellent mama and your kids are lucky to have you advocating for them!
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I guess I have a little bit of a different take on a late pickup. To me, that is less time your DS is w/his father. That's a plus. Is it rude and disrespectful? Yes. Is the court likely to do much about someone being 15 mins late, even on a regular basis? I doubt it.

I think you are doing the right thing. Don't engage w/drama. Document away. Do all you can to protect your DS. Be glad he does not demand your older DS goes as well.

It stinks that we are left being sober monitors after we get divorced, but that is reality for so many of us. I can only say explain to DS what normal behavior looks like, and what not normal things look like. I know someone on this forum has some sort of special watch or phone that only calls the other parent, can you get him something like this? My child was given a phone at age 8.5

The reason was not that I thought she needed a phone to play on etc, but that I wanted her to have a way to reach me should she need me. And she had to use it, many times.

Big hugs to you. You are an excellent mama and your kids are lucky to have you advocating for them!
That's exactly what my Mom said. That he is losing time with his kids. Regardless if he is 20 to an hour late, I'm still picking up kids at regular time. I like to document to show the inconsistency.

I tried to get that watch. AT&T (my cell phone provider) doesn't carry it. My DS11 does have a cell phone. I thin i might get my DS7 one too when he goes alone to visit.

Thank you hopeful4. I appreciate your advice and insight : )