Anniversary weekend

Old 09-04-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
Thank you so much x
Ps and the best way to deal with the deafening silences..when l try to talk to him and get told to 'leave it' or keep quiet? When he is dismissive of me because my feelings/point of view on something don't matter? I guess my only option is to put up and shut up.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ps and the best way to deal with the deafening silences..when l try to talk to him and get told to 'leave it' or keep quiet? When he is dismissive of me because my feelings/point of view on something don't matter? I guess my only option is to put up and shut up.
Well, you have lots of options. You can continue (which probably leads to an argument) you can try to broach the subject when you think he might be more receptive, you could write it out and give it to him?

I'm going to guess that you have tried lots of different ways to approach this?

So yes, short of starting WW3 each time, your only option is to ignore it, whatever it is. If he isn't listening and is being rude to boot, you need to detach from that, that's not about you per-se, it's how he is.

Your choice is whether you stay and put up with it.

You posted this in the "right to drink thread":

So l also think its my right to point out what a lazy useless slob of a person he is! His right is to choose who he wants to be...its my right not to like his choice.
This is a good example. You do have the right to voice your opinion at anytime and any place. The question is, does it serve you at all?

If you don't want to leave the situation then you can only distance yourself from it, with the coping tools, with carrying on with your life, spending time with friends and family, doing things you like to do. Is it basically ignoring it? Well yes it is. You have to make the decision on whether you want to beat your head against that particular wall.