The abuse continues

Old 08-19-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The abuse continues

I have been around - just reading for the most part.
I have been doing ok. Moving slowly one day at a time . I have been in individual therapy these past few months. It has helped some but I have a long time to go.
The pain is still there. My ex husband continues to abuse me through the divorce process. I had sent him and his family emails after I left - it was a mistake but at that time my brain was trying to process the trauma so much that I didn't know what to do with all that information and was seeking answers. Sure enough he is using it against me in court.
I have managed to detach a lo from my divorce but I continue to struggle a lot in other areas of my life . I am putting this unneeded pressure on myself at work. I so desperately want to keep proving that I am not a failure . My brain is running in a million different directions. I am still very low on trusting other people and places . I went to the domestic violence center and cane face to face with some huge triggers and I never went back . My brain is so drained that I just want to take a cloth and wipe the slate clean and forget everything that happened. I wish there was a technology like that. I keep coming back because this forum somehow keeps me going .
Old 08-19-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you get an intervention order where you are?
Psychological abuse can be worse than the physical variety.
No failure in divorce..... I hope you can steady down.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Raindrops, glad you posted.

That's a shame about the DV center, I wonder if maybe you can just call and talk to them on the phone and they could refer you to groups that might be helpful to you. I'm sure they deal with people being unable to actually be at the DV center all the time.

Also sorry to hear about your emails being used against you. Your experience with that might help someone else here who reads that. You will get through this and it will all be in your past at some point, try to hold on to that.

With your therapy, have you found that the therapist has given you tools to help you cope, do you feel that some of your confidence is returning?
Old 08-20-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I presume you have an attorney? We all make mistakes. Let your attorney work it all out. Every communication.

I agree, maybe just call the DV center? I know ours here will set you up with individual counseling. They also have a phone line you can call and just talk to someone 24 hours a day.

Sending you huge hugs. Keep posting, you are not alone!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Give me a call raindrops, I sent you a PM awhile ago with my number. We are in the same boat and I totally get it. You don't have to be alone in this.