Grief

Old 08-22-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
T,
I am sorry for you loss. It sounds like you have guilt about your relationship. Just thinking about it, reverse the rolls. If you had passed away and not her, would you be "angry" at her for not talking to you, or letting you down during the conversations or not being more "positive" ? Would you be upset with her for not being a good friend?

You have to accept that you did the best for her that you could. We are not God and can't predict the future. We all want to be super human and us codies want to go over and beyond. Sometimes we can't, or didn't. Maybe you could try and make peace with yourself that you did the best you could, and she still loves you for being human. I am sure she would be devastated knowing that you have regrets over her death.

Be kind to yourself, you know that is what she would really want. Hugs!!
Thank you. I know she would not hold anything against me. That is just the person she was. Her family thanked me for being there for her all these years. It was heart breaking.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm sorry for your loss.

Grief, guilt, things left unsaid, memories of good times and bad, ways to honor these things and give them time & acknowledgment are important.

It's a journey in it's own right. Not a race, no set goal-line.

Wishing you peace and good memories to help you through this. It helped me to realize it was okay to feel pain and joy at the same time. It doesn't always happen, yet it's completely okay when it does.