Mindfulness, meditation, yoga

Old 08-12-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Mindfulness, meditation, yoga

"The mind is like a cup of muddy water and when you're moving around all the time that water just stays muddy.

It's only when you're still that the mud sinks to the bottom and that water becomes clear."

Learning math begins with learning numbers, then simple addition like 1 + 1. There was a time in each our lives before and after learning numbers and simple math. No shame. Evolution of learning.

The same goes for learning to quiet the mind, to observe thoughts in new ways, of finding peace and joy within the structure of our very adaptable minds and bodies.

For those who've been learning this, how did you first start?

What is your practice of this like now?

Tara Brach meditations are a huge part of my learning to listen, to be aware, to accept myself in this moment without change.

I first started opening to the idea I could learn meditation from an Al-anon discussion meeting.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Exploring options to change up my meditation practice this week. Today I did some color visualizing outside in the sunshine. A yoga teacher had once talked me through simply allowing and visualizing colors as they come to me, letting them flow, intensify, change, fade, however I experience it.