I'm getting stronger.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm getting stronger.

I've had No Contact with my mother or father for 1 1/2 years, except for one time over a year ago when my mother ambushed me at a park. I fairly quickly walked away from that one. She called me at work last summer and I hung up on her.

Today she came to where I work during the summer, several hours from where she lives. I immediately ushered her out the door. Other than telling her to leave, I said nothing. I didn't even really look at her, after the first sight of her. I locked the door behind her and notified one of the men in charge that she is my mother and that she knows she's not welcome here. We talked about a minor, on-going, machine malfunction. I got back to work.

Very little drama, other than the instant anger in my face (so I was told ). Woot, woot!!! I am no longer a scared little girl.

I've lit some beautiful white candles, unlocked the door and am welcoming the goodness of life.

I'm growing up. I feel good, strong, balanced, open to new, healthy and wonderful connections.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

As I learn to walk away from my very dysfunctional family of origin, I also become stronger in dealing with my alcoholic husband. And vice-versa.

#thankyougod
Old 08-10-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

PeacefulWater, thank you for being here.

Taking inspiration to go kayaking this afternoon.

Blowing out the candles and allowing the smoke to carry good intentions for this day.

#lifeisgood
Old 08-10-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I am inspired by your strength and calm!
Old 08-10-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job Mango
Old 08-10-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Made plans with kid to see "Christopher Robin" this evening.

Song on the radio right now: "Have It All" by Jason Mraz

Going to keep immersing myself and kid in good, fun, wherever God/Great Spirit leads us.

Good: kid enjoyed an afternoon yoga workshop for tweens yesterday.

I don't understand how this works! Life keeps getter better and I'm fully embracing this.

#lawofattraction
Old 08-10-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome Mango! Thank you for showing us how it is done!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mango! That is wonderful progress, I'm so happy for you! I'd add some of those animated smiley faces that say "you rock" but I can't figure out how to do it on my phone. So pretend they are here.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

I choose to release my memories of that encounter to the Universe.

Today, memories of the day I experienced before sleep last night include:

Kayaking. Bare feet splashing in cool waters. Enjoying sunshine, warmth and beauty around me. Drifting, looking for fish who were hiding out in the depths and vegetation. Several small fish at first and eventually seeing a large area with many big fish.

Bulletproof coffee, dark, rich, fragrant, nourishing. Extra frothy with two raw eggs whipped in, reminiscent of Vietnamese egg coffee.

Christopher Robin movie. Popcorn, fun, laughter, connections with life, childhood and getting out of typical routines.

Kid and I having fun in many naturally occurring ways. The world truly is a playground.

Today I'm filled with thoughts of the many good, healthy women in my life, of many ages. For all I let go of, more good comes into my life. Acknowledging this and welcoming it in all ways.

#thankyougod
Old 08-12-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, Culture, dandylion, Equestrian83, firebolt, Gm0824, hopeful4, Leelee168, PeacefulWater12, trailmix, mamabear26, clarity888 and Wamama48 for the support and replies.

(((hugs)))
Old 08-12-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today, in this moment, I'm scared of my mother and father - again/still. These are childhood reactions that want acknowledgement. Sitting with this for a bit.

Healthy relationships create trust and support. I have trust in this healing process. One foot in front of the other.

Ebb and flow, waves of healing.