honoring my own reality

Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thanks for the support everyone. so glad I found this place !
Old 08-08-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

A lot of - if only going on here. If only she, if only you. bla, bla, bla……….we can’t date POTENTIAL we have to date exactly who and how they are today.

Turn that bla bla bla tape off in your head, this women is not the women for you.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey tracer, you know I was just thinking about this and something occurred to me. You may have already had this thought - but what about her?

She has stated she is a "pot-head" and is quite happy being one! What do you bring to the table for her?

From what I can tell by what you have described, you bring someone who wants her to change.

If nothing else, keep in mind that staying away from her is actually giving her the gift of letting her be herself. She is great - "if" you could just change this and that about her. That's a negative to her really.

Even if you were to jump in to the MJ pool with her, how long would that last before you started to have misgivings? Then what? You try to pressure her in to toeing your line?

She's quite happy with her weed and her life, maybe that is as good a reason as any to stay away?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hey tracer, you know I was just thinking about this and something occurred to me. You may have already had this thought - but what about her?

She has stated she is a "pot-head" and is quite happy being one! What do you bring to the table for her?

From what I can tell by what you have described, you bring someone who wants her to change.

If nothing else, keep in mind that staying away from her is actually giving her the gift of letting her be herself. She is great - "if" you could just change this and that about her. That's a negative to her really.

Even if you were to jump in to the MJ pool with her, how long would that last before you started to have misgivings? Then what? You try to pressure her in to toeing your line?

She's quite happy with her weed and her life, maybe that is as good a reason as any to stay away?
yeah i know. I'm not convinced she's all that happy. its really none of my business but why would she have to smoke weed every day if life was so grand ? I had a small NC slip and went on her FB today. didnt help. we are not friends but I can see her cute pics and it makes me sad. I just wish it turned out different. I cant handle dating :-(
Old 08-08-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

ugh now I'm worried that she might be on here and seeing my posts !
Old 08-08-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tracer View Post
ugh now I'm worried that she might be on here and seeing my posts !
Do you have any reason to think that?
Old 08-08-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Do you have any reason to think that?
no i don't, just paranoid. i don't want her to know how much i am thinking about her. I'm such an addict !!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tracer View Post
no i don't, just paranoid. i don't want her to know how much i am thinking about her. I'm such an addict !!
Not to worry, why would she frequent a sober site when she doesn't want to be sober and in particular the friends and family section.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Tracer
I’m currently struggling with attachment to my own alcoholic so might have to take this with a grain of salt. It appears to me that this woman fits an overall pattern. You withdraw in between relationships and fear that a healthy one may not be in the cars. Yet the ONE woman you feel drawn to is essentially forbidden fruit. I think that sometimes we play out our fears by making them happen. If this doesn’t work out - built in excuse - “I chose wrong”. Clearly you’re terrified of real intimacy and you don’t have to worry about that with her.
Envision the truly perfect woman. Clean. Sober. Emotionally available. Is it scary or exciting ? Whomever it is that you want, yiu can find her and deserve it. You don’t need excuses.
2kind