Tips/Advice please. . .

Old 08-04-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

Great conversation.

Prayer:

God/Universe/Higher Power/Great Spirit

I have faith, I believe in miracles, I know you hear me.

Thank you for this day. Thank you for all the blessings in my life.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

I have faith. I pray. This trust grows.

I don't know how this works. Law of attraction. Facing reality clearly and setting intents to create a life I love. Not within the perimeters of the hurt and pain I've known -- far, far beyond that.

What I keep experiencing is the more I pray, involve my trust, heart, focus on the good that is, the more this good shows up. When I start seeing good, even on the darkest days, it leads me into bright days.

#lawofattraction #lifeisgood
Old 08-04-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=mamabear26;6973603]I hope I don't sound bad but I do hope that my boys decide to stop visiting him one day. I just don't see any improvement with him at all. All I see is my boys getting the sh***y end of stick. I do fear that he will scar them for the rest of their life because of things he has done in the past and is currently doing right now. If I saw him trying to get help by going to rehab, AA, see a therapist then I could maybe have some faith in him but there is nothing there. I just pray everyday and leave it in God's hands.[/QUOTE

Mamabear, I completely understand that.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I do fear that he will scar them for the rest of their life because of things he has done in the past and is currently doing right now.

But you are doing a great job of protecting them the best you can. Your son's decision, even at 11, to not engage with his drunk and angry father speaks volumes. At intervals in their growing lives it is good to let your sons know that there are helping hands around so that these scars are just that: healed wounds, not open sores!

Continue to be the sane, stable, communicative, normally-imperfect parent! Continue to offer them the warmth, gentleness, openness, and love that will be their pillar of strength as they grow up. Many children suffer tremendous hardship and terrible parenting, and often one kind stable guiding adult is what keeps a child mentally healthy. If that one kind person is their own mother that is a huge blessing!

You sound like you are doing a really good job. I hope you also have some warmth and support surrounding you via friends, therapy, Alanon meetings, nature, etc. (((((hugs)))))
Peace,
B
Old 08-04-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mango212 View Post
great conversation.

Prayer:

God/universe/higher power/great spirit

i have faith, i believe in miracles, i know you hear me.

Thank you for this day. Thank you for all the blessings in my life.
: )
Old 08-04-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
I do fear that he will scar them for the rest of their life because of things he has done in the past and is currently doing right now.

But you are doing a great job of protecting them the best you can. Your son's decision, even at 11, to not engage with his drunk and angry father speaks volumes. At intervals in their growing lives it is good to let your sons know that there are helping hands around so that these scars are just that: healed wounds, not open sores!

Continue to be the sane, stable, communicative, normally-imperfect parent! Continue to offer them the warmth, gentleness, openness, and love that will be their pillar of strength as they grow up. Many children suffer tremendous hardship and terrible parenting, and often one kind stable guiding adult is what keeps a child mentally healthy. If that one kind person is their own mother that is a huge blessing!

You sound like you are doing a really good job. I hope you also have some warmth and support surrounding you via friends, therapy, Alanon meetings, nature, etc. (((((hugs)))))
Peace,
B
I do have a great support system. They help keep me sane through all of this. I appreciate your kind words: ) Thank you