How to commit to RABF

Old 07-31-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
It's tempting to jump back in to dating when you have been deprived of any kind of normal relationship for so long. Please be careful, don't compromise yourself in the process and by that I mean please don't let a little attention soothe the wounds while possibly opening up another drama.
Exactly! I'm not trying to be the moral police either just looking out for your well being in the long run.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

And... I have a date with someone else coming up. He looks like a total normie. I didn’t tell ABF. I feel guilty but just doing what I have to.

wait...what? on page one you are wondering if you should SELL your home and move you and your children in with your RABF.........and by page two you have a date set up with someone else.

i think you need to put the brakes on and get some stuff figured out before you bring yet another person into the fray??? is this a RATIONAL next step?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ouch

I appreciate your feedback. Ironically, my therapist has been encouraging me to “date and meet new people”. I thought that was taking a step in the right direction but of course I see your point of view. At the very least it’s dishonest. Clearly there are other issues w it but that’s enough ...
Old 07-31-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

lol.....I doubt that a therapist would deliberately, knowingly, advise someone in a committed relationship to start having side relationships.....simultaneously.
I'm going out on a limb and suggest that maybe she meant to widen your horizons by encouraging you to stop focusing
all of your thoughts and attentions on this one man.....

I don't see anything wrong with dating more than one person....as long as one has their priorities and boundaries in good alignment...and is crystal clear in communicating their status to everyone they date.....

lol...I guess that I come from a time when one could date anyone they wanted, as long as they weren't in a state of commitment to anyone, in particular...(either stated or unstated)…..
Old 07-31-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

the saying Fish or Cut Bait comes to mind.
your fence straddling.....and it will behoove you to make some clear decisions.

i would also suggest it is dishonest to "date" guy to be very involved with another man, but present yourself as single and available. you are neither quite yet.

dignity and self respect go a long long way!!! be the type of woman you would hope your boys would choose to date some day.