I am so lonely

Old 07-21-2018, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so lonely

Being lonely is so painful. Especially at night when I am by myself. I think about what I could have done differently.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

So is he gone OT? Is that why you're lonely?
Old 07-22-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

It helps to explain things and get them out. What is your story? We are listening....please tell us.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What about what *he* could have done differently, OT? Like, not disrespect you maybe? Treat you like a human being with feelings that are valid and not to be abused and abandoned and used?

Loneliness can be hard, there is no doubt. Now is the time to treat yourself with kindness and let go of the responsibility for this relationship. One small act of love and forgiveness towards yourself will go a long way towards building the foundation of a relationship with yourself that will eventually allow you to be alone without loneliness, because you will be the best company you can keep.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello OT.

I’m sorry you were lonely last night. I hope today is better.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’m sorry you were feeling bad last night!
Hugs to you!
Old 07-22-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I understand. i hope today is a brighter day for you. Hugs!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ot, I am sorry you are lonely. I was lonely when I was with my addict and without him. There was no difference.

What are you doing to stay busy? Reach out to friends, your church or even volunteer. Staying busy is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Sending hugs, as we all understand.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi OT, sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. I'm guessing you have gone NC and are struggling. YES it's hard sometimes, but in the long run it is for the better.

Just keep doing the next right thing, keep posting, let us know how you are.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, friend. You've got us!! We're here and we support you. Hang in there....
Old 07-23-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi OT4. I can empathize with what you're going thru. Anytime there is a break up or divorce or some kind of ending the hurt is just hell. After my divorce there were times the loneliness was so painful I thought I was going to lose my mind. But I didn't. And as much as it hurts, the loneliness won't kill you. We may feel like it will, but it won't. The sun will rise tomorrow and there will be new opportunities. I know for myself, I had to take concrete action to combat the loneliness, so I began (little by little) to cultivate new friendships, to rekindle old ones. Took up a second musical instrument, started going back to church, reading up on things I was always interested in but never had the time to...in short, I had to learn to take actions to keep my mind occupied. When I did that consistently, every day that went by got a little easier to bear. before I knew it, when the lonely feelings would creep back in, I instinctively knew how to deal with it. You will, too. You'll get there. Don't beat yourself up over the past. You're gonna get thru this!
Old 07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember going through some lonely times....

What I discovered during those times is that there are things you can "tap into" when you are alone. Most of my loneliest times ended up being periods of good inner growth as a person. Sure those lonely were not all rainbows and unicorns....but some good did come from those times. I tapped deeper into music and fitness than I ever have and the result was amazing.....

God has never promised me my pathway would always be easy to navigate...indeed....life's pathway can seem rather "checkered" .... but just hang in there...one day at a time...this loneliness will pass.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

like all feelings, the loneliness will pass. l know of no greater loneliness than being in a disastrous relationship where I'm the only one who cares. Big hug.