Small accomplishment . . .

Old 07-19-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Small accomplishment . . .

Today I completed my last day of summer school. I'm currently attending a community college. I took two classes this summer: statistics and philosophy. I knew these two classes would be hard to keep up with since it was a 6-week course but I did! I am so proud of myself which I haven't felt in a while. Slowly but surely I'm reaching step 1 of my goal which is to graduate from this community college and transfer to a university. God-willing I will be graduating from this junior college next May and begin attending college a university in September next year.

I do believe everything happens for a reason. When I decided to go back to school was when my STBAXH and I separated. I wanted to make a life for myself and have my own career. I have been going through a divorce since I returned to college and have been getting A's in my class (*surprisingly). I'm so focused on one day being financially stable on my own without any help from him. I do replay all of the verbal and emotional abuse I have endured by him over the years and that's what keeps me moving forward (being called stupid and that I don't work as hard as him). I dream of walking across that stage receiving my B.A. in Liberal Studies and making my parents and kids proud.

I believe God loves me and my kids so much that he had to remove the cancer(my X) from our home in order for us to grow and be happy. One day at a time : )
Old 07-20-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! I am proud of you!
Old 07-20-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Way to go! I am proud of you!
Thank you hopeful4 : )
Old 07-20-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

MamaB!!
Way to go!! You are a strong and courageous women to tackle college while going through a divorce with an A. Nothing is going to stop you know. Keep moving forward and pat yourself on the back, as you deserve it!!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would say "big" accomplishment! That's awesome!!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
MamaB!!
Way to go!! You are a strong and courageous women to tackle college while going through a divorce with an A. Nothing is going to stop you know. Keep moving forward and pat yourself on the back, as you deserve it!!
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words maia1234. I appreciate it : )
Old 07-20-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by apollo986 View Post
I would say "big" accomplishment! That's awesome!!
Thank you apollo986 its definately a step in the right direction : )
Old 07-21-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That is AWESOME! Keep it up!
Old 07-21-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I graduated from my local community college this last December with a degree in the medical field at age 42 - I know how hard it is to start over and forge a new path because of divorce. You can do it, and the feeling of accomplishment is AMAZING! Great job!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Michsm View Post
That is AWESOME! Keep it up!

Thank you = )
Old 07-21-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TropicalWinter View Post
I graduated from my local community college this last December with a degree in the medical field at age 42 - I know how hard it is to start over and forge a new path because of divorce. You can do it, and the feeling of accomplishment is AMAZING! Great job!
Congratulations TropicalWinter!

This time period so far has been the most challenging part of my life . I'm 31 and building my own life for myself and my kids but I know one day when I look back during this very trying time it will all be worth it. And thank you : )
Old 07-22-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

mamabear...I returned to school as a single parent of three small children....
As a result, it opened up opportunities and changed the direction of my life in ways that I could never have imagined...…
Be proud of your accomplishments and keep your focus....You will be so glad that you did....
Old 07-25-2018, 11:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm happy for you and proud of you!!

I've looked at returning to school several times. I don't know if it's not meant to be, for me, or if it's simply not God's timing yet. I love learning and so far my continuing education has been self-learning. I really would like taking classes and earning a degree. It is a very large and worthy undertaking. I applaud you for this!