mom guilt

Old 07-18-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
any particular reason why you haven't filed for divorce? i mean things keep stacking up against this guy, you got signs up the wazoo.....what prevents you from taking that next step?
It just seems overwhelming every time I think about it... like just getting it done and completing the paperwork and all the headaches that go along with it... So I talk myself out of it...

I guess I have not felt any kind of sense of urgency to get it done because I don't feel like it would really change anything and would only cause more drama. We are living separately. We don't share finances anymore thank goodness. We don't own a home or anything else together.

*Maybe* in the back of my mind I still hope that some day in the distant future things will be different, as in, he will be sober and we can have a normal life.. so I'm afraid of making it final... IDK, but that hope is all but gone at this point really...
Old 07-18-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Dandy What you say makes sense for sure!
I'll check out Lizatola's threads... I did read her most recent one..
And Ross Rosenberg i'll check out too...

Oh, and maybe TMI, but my tubes were tied after my second baby and second C-section, so no more life surprises for me!
Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kboys……..you might appreciate the following website...it is arranged by state.....

www.womansdivorce.com.......
Old 07-18-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
dandylion's lecture series is now over.....dandylion has left the building....

Well said!
Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kboys…...Well, that is one less thing to worry about......lol.....
Old 07-18-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post

I'm not really into candy crush or solitaire, but I could find some other distractions I'm sure
take up dancin!

or getting songs stuck in yer head.
maybe even some youtime to sit back and reflect?

good to read ya takin this all in and seeing things from another view.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
take up dancin!

or getting songs stuck in yer head.
maybe even some youtime to sit back and reflect?

good to read ya takin this all in and seeing things from another view.
LOL....
NO!!!! My boys used to watch that all the time... I just got this song out of my head... but now there it is again!
Thanks for the giggle
Old 07-19-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
It just seems overwhelming every time I think about it... like just getting it done and completing the paperwork and all the headaches that go along with it... So I talk myself out of it...

I guess I have not felt any kind of sense of urgency to get it done because I don't feel like it would really change anything and would only cause more drama. We are living separately. We don't share finances anymore thank goodness. We don't own a home or anything else together.

*Maybe* in the back of my mind I still hope that some day in the distant future things will be different, as in, he will be sober and we can have a normal life.. so I'm afraid of making it final... IDK, but that hope is all but gone at this point really...
I completely get how hard this process is - I'm trying to be mindful myself about my reasons & actions.... making sure I'm not giving myself an "easy-out" because the process of divorce is daunting to say the least. Especially since in my situation it's more about shared debts than assets, lol.

One thing that helps me is that I consult regularly with friends that are a CPA & a financial planner. They help me ignore the emotions & focus on the numbers & Big Picture of my situation. I also network with attorneys that have other specialties but their referrals carry weight. My CPA friend also happens to have gone through one of the worst divorces I've ever seen so I get a lot of guidance from her on the legal side of things & when I'm ready, I have a list of "do's" & "don'ts" for divorce attorneys based on everything I've learned from all of these people.