And, more has been revealed...

Old 07-17-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
While you may be sad, you WILL get through this. Stand up for what you deserve in your life, which is to be treated so much better than this.

We are here with you, you are not alone!!
Thank you, cannot tell you what this means! I know I have the forum and I have my al anon group.
I just really thought I had cried all my tears and I wasn’t even close.
He came home from work today and said it was wrong what he did but I look at him and just feel empty and exhausted. I know I deserve better and would be recommending (and have :-) ) to others to stand up for themselves and live their lives. How come it is so hard to apply to my own life?
I just am so so sad....
19 years, and he is sober and things still haven’t changed... I want to be happy... and now I have to leave my home and figure things out again! It is just not fair.
I cannot wrap my mind around him being so heartless and uncaring. I will never understand it.
Sorry for the long response, just pouring it out. Sad, that’s all I am feeling right now. He was supposed to be my person... and he is just a narcissistic jerk, that wouldn’t know truth if it came up and bit him in the a$$.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Scarytime…...you are grieving, naturally. And that is going to take some time.
You can't look for "fair".....it sure is @hitty.....but, it is unrealistic to look for fair with a narcissistic person. they don't have the concept at their core....
Best try to look a reality. In this world we have to live in realities...or we are in for a world of hurt....
I suggest th at you might go onto YouTube and look for presentations by Ross Rosenberg.....He is an acknowledged expert and therapist in the area of narcissism and co-dependents.....(his current term for co-dependency is "self love deficit syndrome")…..
It might give you a different perspective.....

By the way...crying is good, right now....
Old 07-17-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Scarytime…...you are grieving, naturally. And that is going to take some time.
You can't look for "fair".....it sure is @hitty.....but, it is unrealistic to look for fair with a narcissistic person. they don't have the concept at their core....
Best try to look a reality. In this world we have to live in realities...or we are in for a world of hurt....
I suggest th at you might go onto YouTube and look for presentations by Ross Rosenberg.....He is an acknowledged expert and therapist in the area of narcissism and co-dependents.....(his current term for co-dependency is "self love deficit syndrome")…..
It might give you a different perspective.....

By the way...crying is good, right now....
Thank you dandylion, I will take a look...