Vacationing in a heat wave

Old 07-14-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Vacationing in a heat wave

I'm relating a bit to hot yoga. Channeling in an extra dose of kindness, gentleness and perseverance.

Kid is hot and tired. I'm having a bunch of old trauma-related feelings coming up. One moment at a time. We're greatly enjoying DQ ice cream, ice-cold bottles of water and learning to relate to each other in new ways during frustrations.

Off to see a national monument this evening. We took extra a/c quiet time today and I'm ready to adventure.

Two highlights yesterday were eating tacos and then a Sponge Bob Squarepants popsicle followed up by a stop at a gas station behind a truck with "taco" on the license plate and a person walking out the door wearing a Sponge Bob t-shirt. There were bigger things along the way, yet this was really fun!
Old 07-14-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So glad you and the kiddo are having some fun!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy your adventure, Mango!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy your trip! : )
Old 07-17-2018, 02:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Many miles, smiles and tourist-y places later, this vacation time is almost over.

Plans for kid time at a trampoline park tomorrow.

Spent these past days feeling super patriotic. Immersed in good places, eating delicious food, surrounded by kind, fun people doing the same tourist routines. Photos in front of iconic symbols of the foundations of our country. Singing the national anthem together last night at the end of an evening program was an amazingly moving experience.

Authentic.

Emotions.

Life.

Connections.

#thankyougod
Old 07-17-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Our border collie puppy has been traveling beautifully and everything keeps working out in fabulous ways in God's timing. Great dog-friendly hotels and airbnb's, when they work out. And when they haven't, much more driving and suddenly finding open fields and extra running/playtime.

This morning she's woke me twice to go outside. Not wanting time with me or nature, simply restless. And it's worked out in great timing for reflections inside me. Peace filling me. Allowing good things of this trip to be more fully noticed. Some things-not-wanted being let go of. Prayer and meditation more important than extra sleep.

As I was getting something from our car, puppy barked loudly at two women who were passing by. She's never done that before. I trusted in a new instinct. I thanked her for having my back. We took a walk in a different direction, away from the women and the dog designated area. New explorations of other places and a fun, light-hearted conversation with another traveler who has great shoes, faith and enjoying life.

#thankyougod

#newdirections