Here we go again

Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

I might have misjudged the situation earlier and he clearly felt it because when I got home he explained that he was home because he quit drinking and smoking and he felt crabby and didn’t want to take it out on his employees. He did not seem to be drinking. I actually went home early today because our AC was out so he couldn’t have gotten sober in that short amount of time. He said he wanted to apologize in advance if he was grumpy or snappish this week that he’s just going through withdrawal.

I tred very carefully because I didn’t want to be tricked into an argument. I did ask about treatment. He said he doesn’t need rehab. *sigh* I didn’t push it. I just let it go.

I wonder what fresh hell awaits this time...
Old 07-09-2018, 09:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes we misjudge a certain situation, but you really never know. When I was married I was on an abuse forum. Well, my ex fooled me many times. I was so use to the answers that I got, that when I got a different one, the one that I wanted, the one that I always hoped for, I was so quick to forgive, and forget(?) One day, one time, means nothing. It is the lasting change that matters. I'm happy to know that you are not falling for this one. It is long lasting changes that matters.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
amy
Old 07-10-2018, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yea I was dead serious when I said before that I do not believe him anymore. I love him but he’s lied to me so many times. If he maintains this “sobriety” of sorts. I’ll discuss with my sponsor (when I get one) if they think I should approach him about going to AA or attend therapy at the VA. Until then I’ll just keep going to al anon and working my steps.