I want a new word for Recovery

Old 05-19-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I really just feel like I've outgrown the term - like when summer rolls around & you drag out last season's clothes only to realize that those favorite shorts don't fit this year. It just doesn't FIT me any longer.

It's just semantics on some level too.... this is far from a crisis issue, lol.

The words don't change the actions but I feel like when I speak of my recovery, there's an automatic, subconscious negative attachment because it will always relate to bad stuff I've gotten over. I DO believe in the power of positive vs. negative thinking & feel like this is one way to support that type of ongoing reprogramming as well.

I believe recovery is a life-long process because we're never done growing & adapting & finding new tools, which is why "recovered" isn't really even accurate.

I tend to overuse Amazing.... how are you today Fire? I am Amazing, as always.....
Looking at the word origin of recovery: late Middle English (denoting a means of restoration): from Anglo-Norman French recoverie, from recovrer ‘get back’.

The past 6 months I really embraced this word. Which is interesting as it's been a period of reconnecting with old roots, honoring them, sorting out friendships, etc. After meditation this morning, it feels like time to again set aside the word 'recovery'. Ebb and flow of life. The words that fill my active vocabulary function together as intents.

I don't want to "get back" or recover to where I used to be. I'm moving ahead, embracing new, allowing abundance, accepting I am enough.

Thank you for this thread.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This has already been said, but...

I'm free.