Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

It's just hitting me, that I really did it, and I did it on my own

Old 07-01-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know I told you that I moved, but I guess it's just hitting me recently that I did actually do this and I did it all on my own.

I know I also owned the foreclosure that I fixed up, but that was different. I had friends helping me move, and I didn't have that much stuff. I didn't have a couch or a kitchen set. I was using outdoor furniture for that, until I was able to purchase things, which also depended on how far I was with renovation, and even being able to live in some of those rooms.

It took my movers 10 hours that day to move me. I am now living 2 1/2 to 3 hours away from where I did live. It was hectic, but I did all of that on my own.

I have a DVT, (blood clot in my leg), and my legs get tired quickly. My house is almost fully organized. I'll need to go to estate sales and flea markets soon to furnish my house.

I've been busy doing some babysitting for my grandson when he is sick and also dog sitting for my daughter. Been taking care of my daughters dog for a week now. That will be over tomorrow, but after doing that, I'm thinking I need to adopt a dog also. I have this wonderful fenced in back yard.

Anyway, I'm still in touch with my divorce attorney, she wants to stop in, next time she is by this area, (her brother lives around here), also my real estate agent's husband and son, come by and help me with heavy lifting and TV hook up stuff. I know nothing about hooking things up.

I remember, when I was married being told that no one likes me and that the only reason people talk to me is because they like him. I found out that is not true at all. I actually found out that all the BS he was feeding me was not true either. I was told that there was no way that I could figure out how to pay bills, (he, my ex did all of that). I'm proud to say that I have a credit score of 815.

So, I am in my new house for about 3 weeks. My son and daughter have already come over 3 X's.

I guess I just want to say, I was so afraid of the unknown, and now I am living the unknown, and so far, it has been terrific!!!! So, please don't be afraid of the unknown, it's usually a much better place, or it becomes what you make it.

((((((((((((hugs, everyone))))))))))))
thanks for standing by me

amy
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

any....your progress is nothing short of miraculous.....you seem like a totally different person now!! I am very proud of you and what you have been able to do...…
Like the Good Witch told Dorothy.....you had it in you the whole time.....
Old 07-01-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dandy, that's funny that you mentioned that about the Good Witch, my ex used to call me an effin ugly witch, my friends bought me a refrigerator magnet of the "Good Witch". It's still on my fridge.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amy...LOL!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a great update. Congratulations!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so proud of you and so happy for you friend!
Old 07-02-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
Old 07-02-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Pretty cool, Amy - enjoy! You've earned every bit of it!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you stay in today then you've got it..!!!!

No worries.....Just For Today.

You're progress is Stellar... Outstanding.!!!!
Old 07-02-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Amy, I'm so happy for you! You really did this, you have accomplished so much.

I'm glad you posted this. It's an important message. If anyone is reading this and stuck in fear, just click on Amy's name and then on "previous threads" or "previous posts" and see her story.

I remember you being uncertain about the move at all. But you took the reins, moved forward despite the uncertainty and look where you are.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats Amy! That's terrific!!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love this! You remind me that our negative thoughts are only that...thoughts. And also our alcoholic sometimes helps with putting those thoughts in our heads. Thank you for sharing, I wish you continued happiness and pride in yourself
Old 07-03-2018, 02:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Amy

I'm glad you are moved in, getting settled, and spending time with your grands! This is a very happy update Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-03-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I remember when I thought I was stuck in "my situation". I kept trying to envision a future, I was never able to do that. I was only seeing "Groundhog's Day". Same stuff, just a different day.

Now I see a future !!!! It's me, being able to celebrate my children's achievements in life. It's being a part of their lives, it's watching my grandchildren, spoiling them a little, then sending them home with their parents, then sitting on one of my 2 porches on my rocking chair just enjoying my life.

I'm still not into dating. Don't know why I would ever want to go back there again. (lol) If something happens there unexpectedly, then fine, if not, just finding and having good friends and family is all I need.

I was having extreme panic and anxiety attacks with this move. When I first made up my mind to do this, I started getting really ill, but there was nothing wrong with me, it was all psychosymatic. I was getting dizzy spells, a rash that lasted about 6 weeks, etc. I kept telling myself that it was all nerves, and it was. I did go to doctors though to verify that.

When I was living at my cabin, my next door neighbor gave me a plaque. It said, "It is what it is, but it becomes what you make it". I live by that quote today.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))
amy
Old 07-03-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Amy! Congrats!
You are an inspiration.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

AMY! That is so awesome! so very happy for you! I love coming back to the boards and reading positive and encouraging stories!
Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy, this was such an uplifting read. Enjoy your new home!
Old 07-04-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Amy55!! Totally inspiring. And you made it all happen. Amazing and beautiful. Enjoy that porch rocker, sounds like heaven!
Peace,
B.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Kudos to you for everything you have accomplished. I remember that fear of the unknown when I left my EXAH. I had depended on him for everything.

I hope you are doing things to treat yourself. I like bubble baths with candles myself. :-)

Please continue to update, and lots of warm hugs from Kansas!
Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your uplifting story - fears and all!!
Congratulations and many more happy memories