I Feel Mean

Old 06-29-2018, 01:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ladybird......if you know where you will be happier...and, you can do it....I wish you Bon Voyage!
Old 06-30-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"....my ex had the brainstorm that if all the kids were in the same school, and on the same schedule, my oldest daughter would be able to be the after school babysitter for all of the kids, at my home...."

Wow. Just Wow.
With apologies to the ladies present, I wish I owned stock in this guy's underwear company.
He has more balls than anyone I ever heard of.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybird579 View Post
I was gutted when friends thought we should reconcile. I thought is that how you see me...that I am only worth an active alcoholic with massive issues. I'd never ever suggest they did the same. It's been an experience. It's made me more determined then ever to get out of here at some point. I am spinning my wheels here.
Let your son spread his wings without Mom. Don’t allow X’s manipulation and infiltration into your community. Find better “friends” who get it. Sounds like a good time to look for a different church home.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm wondering if it's your son he's after and once that comes to resolution - either son moves in with him or son says absolutely not, the interest in the church will go away.

Regardless, I'm so sorry you're having to relive what was such a painful experience and justify your decision to people who should really just keep their noses in their own business. I hope your trip to Europe will be enough to recharge you and provide clarity.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That was why I asked on a different thread if anyone had revisited a past relationship so I could get some ammo to head these muppets off with cos it isn't happening.
If someone asks, a simple "no" will suffice. You don't owe anyone an explanation. Regarding your son and ex, try to let go of your resentment. Your son has a right to make his own choices. What I learned in Alanon was "it's none of my business" what other people do, think or say.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"Will you be reconciling with your husband? After all, he only drank."

"What an interesting assumption."
Old 07-01-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

As for the questions on reconciliation… I think people just like to look at reality with fairy tale glasses on… it's probably a type of denial.

I haven't been married with an A but I got sick enough from my xabf. Some years after we broke up (some weeks ago, actually), I was talking to a friend on mine who invited us over when we were still together, Actually he kinda had her invite us over, he friended her on Facebook after meeting her once on my birthday, then kept in touch and somehow suggested the four of us get together (my friend&her husband, xabf & me). I had the worst time. Xabf brought a bottle of rum and practically emptied it on his own. He drank all of their beer. I'm sure he peed on the floor when he went to the toilet. He became loud and obnoxious and tried to pick a fight with my friends husband (luckily he didn't catch on). He didn't want to go when I suggested we leave.
It was extremely embarassing.

So anyway some weeks ago I finally got to talk to her about it (we lost touch afterwards for different reasons), I told her I was so ashamed and apologized for his behaviour. She wouldn't acknowledge he had been a douche! I tried to explain No, this wasn't just one drunk episode, he was like this all the time in the end. She just told me I shouldn't be so judgmental, and that there was nothing wrong with him.

It was so strange. She was supposed to be on my side, after all.
But what I'm getting at, people apparently are easily charmed by A's, even when they're drunk.
Try not to take it seriously, YOU know what you've been through. You don't need anyone agreeing with you for it to be true.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

People always say how wonderful my abusive XAH is - so charming, so nice....

To which I respond, "Yes - and Hitler was a vegetarian..."
Old 07-04-2018, 10:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

To which I respond, "Yes - and Hitler was a vegetarian..."
My favorite: "Yes, and Hitler loved his dog"
Old 07-04-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes!......and Jeffry Dommer (serial killer)….was extremely good looking and charismatic......which is how he lured his victims in...before he chopped them up.....
Old 07-04-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Yes!......and Jeffry Dommer (serial killer)
Jeffrey Dahmer
Old 07-04-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hearthealth...LOL! I had just looked up the spelling and was logging on to correct my misspelling.....but, I see that you have my back.....Thanks!
Old 07-04-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Life is good

Whether he's a narcissist or simply has strong narcissistic behaviors, this is from my recovery notes on how to deal with a narcissist:

Do any of the following:

Show them they are wrong, publicly. Enjoy life fully. Be public about this.

Dismiss them, cut them off mid-sentence to talk to someone else.

Just stop listening, walk off when they’re talking.

Praise someone else, for something you know they’re great at.

A few of these done with keeping no contact 99% of the time has worked for me. Good luck!

Moving has been the quickest route to a sane mind, for me. That other 1% of dealing has also helped boost my self-confidence.