Tired after court

Old 06-30-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sasha, I have no words of wisdom to share. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry you have to watch the disintegration in both the physical and mental sense of someone you once loved with all your heart--my XAH is not near the stage that yours is yet, but I too see the little changes and now that I know the truth, I can't UN-see them.

There are some folks here who are such pillars of strength and wisdom in dealing with their kids and an A spouse or ex, and you are one of them, Sasha. I can't imagine going through all that any of us go through and in addition, having to be responsible for the welfare (in all senses) of a child or children. Yet I see you and others do it w/regularity--you keep the bar set high and act like a sane and rational adult regardless of how you FEEL. You show your kid(s) by example how to take the high road while still living by your moral and ethical standards. I have to believe that these lessons will not be lost when your kids encounter their own challenges and reversals.

A standing ovation to all of you who are going through this and doing such a phenomenal job of it. I know it comes at a price, and I admire you for being willing to pay it.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry Sasha...even when we know we can't be around the active alcoholics in our lives that doesn't mean we don't care or that it doesn't hurt to see the decline. Sending hugs and prayers for a restful weekend!
Old 06-30-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, Sasha. We stand shoulder to shoulder with you.

Very sad. Prayers for you all.