How do you move on?

Old 07-06-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
vatchel...I can understand your concern/fears, especially, given your past experi ences.
Could we ask....what kind of wrath do you expect from your ex husband? Specifically....what do you think he would do...? How much contact do you have with him?....I understand that you have children with him...how young are they? (I divorced my husband when my children were small...one still in diapers...one a year older, and one was 51/2 yrs. old. He would also ask the kids about what I was doing and falsely believed because there "must have been another man"
Every relationship and personality is different....We/I don't have a picture of w hat he is like....although, the word "wrath" carries the message that he can be pretty bad!
I have some suggestions, but, don't know enough to make a comment.

I am going to make a guess that you might live in a small town with everyone knowing everyone else, and with a heavy grapevine of gossip? ….with everyone going to the same church and on facebook…..
Am I warm....?...lol...
DL.. we have 2 kids together- ages 6 and 3. We share the kids 50/50 and he is on alcohol monitoring when he has them. We correspond quite a bit because we try to coparent. We do things together with the kids, talk a lot about the kids, are flexible with schedules, etc. The wrath I fear is him being not a cooperative coparent, him posting embarrassing and untrue crap on social media to our 180 mutual friends sone of whom are my coworkers (he has posted incriminating articles about me in the past), him revenge drinking or drinking out of depression that impacts the kids,etc. He still lays into me personally on occasion which I know I just need to get thick skin against.

We do live in a small town. There isn’t too much gossip that I’m worried about but I’m a fairly successful business woman in town and he certainly has the ability to tarnish that.

I think I care too much about what others think. I used to judge divorce. Feel like people didn’t try hard enough, etc. I think I’m fearful people look at me the same way. How naive was I?!
Old 07-06-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hey batchel, do you really think your friends believe everything he puts out there on social media. I suggest it reflects badly on him, and most people know that.

He has no right to lay into you and you don't have to stand there and take it. If he can't stay civil, terminate any discussion right away. It seems he has it over you in intimidation either by verbal abuse or withdrawing co-operation.

I know you want to keep things peaceful, but is he milking that to punish you?
Also, if he's saying untrue things on social media, have you considered getting legal advice? There are libel laws to protect you.