Counting days

Old 06-23-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Counting days

Hello
I posted this in a recovery forum accidentally prior. Now I’m wondering if the response will be different here. My RABF has been going to AA and, as far as I know, sober for about 100 days. Initially he said that he didn’t want to count days and it made me question his sobriety at that time because Of the way he hedged how many days he had. Recently he has been working with a sponsor and he advised me that he has 59 days. He said it’s because that’s when he started working with the sponsor. I do believe he wants to work the program honestly and I absolutely credit him for that. But it also makes me think he isn’t telling me the truth when he says he’s been sober all along. Thoughts ?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

2kind4me.....It is really up to him...how he does or doesn't count the days.

I think that their recovery (or not)...is really reflected by the changes in their actions, over time...not what they say....
After a time...weeks...months...years....genuine, lasting recovery shows I n changes in the thinking, attitude and behaviors....

It also, takes time for trust to be rebuilt...or, built for the first time (lol). It takes as long as it takes.....
Old 06-25-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To me, it would not matter. Be in the here and now. Time will definitely tell.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

It could be that he looks at it as dry for 41 days and in recovery for 59 days. For me, actions speak louder and have more impact than words. Don't get so overly caught up in words that you don't give credence to actions.