Someone talk some sense into me ...

Old 06-05-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Since the Sister is still in town for a few days, could she be the go-between perhaps and bring your stuff over?
She and I had talked about that Saturday night. But she went out of town to visit other family the next day and went home yesterday.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looking4Clues View Post
She and I had talked about that Saturday night. But she went out of town to visit other family the next day and went home yesterday.
Rats! Well, another approach is to say - I will be over at (whatever time) to pick up my stuff please have it on the doorstep and I will leave your key in the mailbox.

You know him, of course and if that isn't going to work then for a small fee you can file for the return of your stuff in small claims court. Have it sent to him by registered mail, that might light a fire under him to return your stuff.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Looking4clues.....how much stuff...and, how big/how heavy? How valuable or irreplaceable to you?

Courier service is another idea...depending....

In some places/cases....you can have an appointment with the police and they will stand by while you retrieve your property.....

The return/retrieval of property can become a huge drama...that can , symbolically, resemble the relationship, itself.....
Old 06-06-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looking4Clues View Post
Your train wreck/innocent cars analogy is such an insightful take on the situation. Thank you for sharing that wisdom! Yes, I will need a good amount of time away from things that remind me of the relationship while I heal. My emotional wellbeing needs to be my top priority that this point. Thanks, Teatreeoil!
You're welcome! Emotional healing is not linear and could take longer than you thought. How long? No way to tell....but you'll likely know when you get there. Main thing is....treat yourself really really well...and you're not being mean by setting boundaries with others....it's for your own good and your true friends will understand. Other true and good friends will support you in upholding and sticking to your own boundaries when you might be faltering. I really can't stress enough the importance of time itself in the healing process....and protecting yourself from further pain....take care, hon.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'll tell you a little story that happened in my life many years ago. I got my heart broke good and royal...it was a real doozy. And, the events just prior to the break up were really twisted. Not long after the break up my ex boyfriend's twin brother started showing interest in me....and I thought, "No way am I going down that road. No frickin' way" So what did he do, the twin? He tried to take up making music with my sister, who was my roomate at the time. I got home from classes one day and she told me so an so stopped by and we made music for awhile. He's really really good on guitar. And I just had to tell her I didn't want him coming around here....it just wasn't right....not at all. So the next time he invited her to make music she declined out of consideration for me....and she understood where I was coming from. I didn't feel like I was being some sort of cowardly person or a hard-nosed old sow in being "avoidant"....it's just that I needed to heal, pure and simple.