been sober for 27 yrs with no contact
with her anymore. I had to learn to let
her go and place her in my Higher Power's
hands and release the resentments and
anger I held against her and that had kept
me sick in my own addiction for yrs.

Taking care of me and my sobriety
is a gift to myself and to be the healthiest,
happiest person I can possibly be today.

As selfish as it may sound, it has to be
in order to be at peace in my mind and
heart.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Raindrops

Ive read your posts in this & other threads. I understand your story. I am sorry for what this man has done & is now doing to you. I feel your pain when I read your posts.

I consider myself to be a very successful business man. I have worked for some big companies.

You opened this thread by saying: "My soon to be ex husband is at a very senior position in a billion dollar company"

I can tell you for a fact that most billion dollar companies are extremely protective of their image. Even a person with a "senior position" in a billion dollar company has a boss. Those bosses have bosses so on & so forth.

I hold a high level position in the company I work for. I can tell you for a fact that If I was made aware of a person in my company in senior management pulling the type of abusive crap with their wife like your husband is with you, there would be hell to pay for that employee.

There would be hell to pay for two reasons:

1. We have an image to uphold. We cannot condone abuse of wives by our senior executives.

2. If the employee is embroiled in all this type of crap at home, how focused could they be with their work. Well paid senior employees need to be totally focused on their work.

I think you could have your attorney at the very least threaten notifying everyone & their brother at this company. Maybe even go so far as to draft the ugly truth spousal abuse letter including a complete list of who it will go to President, CEO, Board of Director Members (especially woman), & VP human resources, his boss to name a few. Can also threaten to go public with it.

Unless your husband is the major stockholder of this billion dollar company, I believe if you do this correctly you will scare the sh*t out of him. Companies do not like employee wife abuse allegations aired out in the open.

Fight fire with fire. Your goal here is to soften him up to get a fair divorce settlement. Your thinking the fact that he has a senior position in a billion dollar company makes him way more powerful & aloof than you. Maybe its his Achilles heel.

I am very sorry for what this jerk has done to you. I hope your able to work through this & find peace.

Thanks