New car

Old 05-18-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

New car

Anyone have a new car story to share?

I'm tired of broke down, dented, needing to be fixed vehicles. That was my past life. I'm building something new now.

I honor and respect this car I currently have. It's been dependable, been often driven like a Jeep and hit the 300,000 miles many journeys ago. It's been blessed by sea salt, fresh water, red clay, much fresh air and many roads, both bumpy and smooth. It has many connections to my past that I've made peace with. It's time to let it go.

Praying, meditating, asking for guidance, feeling prompted to post here. To vocalize things I didn't realize were here.

What my new vehicle feels like, in this moment:

Fun. Jeep. Great a/c! Fabulous sound system. Great heaters. I really like having good heat flowing out on cold, chilly days.

A vehicle to build new, great adventures with.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Mango, here's a link to a thread I started that talked about my adventures w/buying a car and all the baggage that came with that. I think you might find things you can relate to! There were pictures in some of the posts, but unfortunately the image hosting site I use had a meltdown a few months ago and thus any pictures posted by anyone using that site vanished into the ether, hence the references to pictures that aren't there any more in some posts.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...orthiness.html (Unworthiness)
Old 05-19-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, honeypig!

you don't have to justify it to anyone but yourself

Carrying these words with me to apply to all areas of my life!

I also soooo love how your story tells of the experience of driving, of enjoying a car that connects to us, that we connect to.

There are few elements of this car that are me. Bumper stickers from my favorite states, Yellowstone Park, one that says "Take A Hike". I have three coffee cup circle-stickers on the middle of my steering wheel. The pictures and words on them have very special meaning to me. This car is grey, inside and out. A protective, restful color:

"You need to give yourself permission to retreat and rest. Life feels very dreary to you and perhaps you have a wound that has re-surfaced. Allow yourself to admit that you may have pushed yourself too hard for too long. The world is just too strong for you right now, get some rest; your tasks will still be there when you are ready. Add Gray to stop, rest, retreat and escape."

That's been a great blessing. It's time to move forward.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mango, your post about color prompted me to find this article: https://www.today.com/home/blue-red-...r-color-t81381

The Saturn wagon I mentioned in the other thread, my vehicle for 17 years, was dark green. The new Kia Soul is light green. Here's what that article said about green cars:

Dark green: Well-balanced, trustworthy, traditional; Light green: Organic, no-fuss, understated

Someone seated in a green ride usually leads a well-balanced life. “Green is the most balanced color in nature,” says Eiseman “The deeper the green, the more trustworthy, and also the more traditional. Unless it’s a year where teal is big - and that lasts for a few years and then goes away. But I’m talking about Jaguar green. That was a classic color and that feeling of traditional still hangs on with that particular green.” Anyone opting for a lighter, yellowish green has a connection to nature. “So you’ve got a person who likes to be thought of as no fuss, very simple and understated,” says Eiseman. “There’s nothing artificial about it.”

These are the two cars that came to me brand new, and thus the color was chosen, rather than being a used car where the color was just whatever it was. That green thing is pretty much on the money...well, maybe not the "well-balanced life" thing, but the rest of it, and I AM working on the balanced life!
Old 05-20-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mango, I happen to like bright colors for a car, they are cheerful to me and make it easier to find in parking lots lol. Long ago I had metallic-colored or white cars and I can't tell you how many times I went up to the wrong car and tried to open it, back in the day before keyless entry.

I bought my most recent car (a bright red Prius hatchback) using TrueCar. This is a very useful site that will show you what's available at dealers near you, and the price. I think you get a discount for using the site. I love the Prius, btw, not that I'm saying you should get one but the size and the fuel efficiency totally work for me.

I was in a minor accident last summer. The traffic lights were not working and I collided with a young guy in a Civic at an intersection. One of my headlights was bashed in but the car was driveable - not that I drove it, the tow trucks came and took it to a body shop. The poor kid's Civic was totaled: door bashed in, wheels bent and unusable. Maybe it was just the angle we hit (or some other factor), but it was difficult to believe we were in the same accident, judging by the level of damage. From now on, sturdiness is something I'll always consider in a car.

Good luck!