Does it ever stop hurting

Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Broken3481 View Post
I was dating a man I loved who was a closeted alcoholic ..high functioning i guess is what they are called. I knew he drank a lot and always tried to get me to drink with him. He up and left me the 1st time i told him i didnt want to hang with his drinking buddy. His new neighbor who collects disability therefore doesn't work because of his cirrhosis of the liver. Now I'm dealing with the pain and depression he left me. I'd kill for him to come back. I'd kill for anything he'd give me. I've almost lost my job and myself to losing him.

Suspected AL throws gf away
as dating a guy for 2 months. Every weekend we hung out...every day we talked and texted. Sometimes we hung out during the week. But Every weekend we went out movies, dates, food ,etc everything revolved around sneaking booze in or buying booze there. I only saw him drink 2 shots at a time during the day they wait and drink about 5 mixed drinks at nite., daily. 3 weeks before he dumped me he got a new neighbor who drinks all day long because he has cirrhosis of the liver and get disabilty. He started hanging and drinking with this neighbor nightly until he kicked me.to the curb. And I'm not sure why he's enjoying his neighbor time more than having a gf. Suddenly
Broken, I'm so sorry you're going through this. My AXBF dropped me too for his drinking buddies and Alllllll the women. That devil inside him that told him to drink, drink, drink, won out, every time.

Being with friends who had a similar drinking problem meant he could "satisfy" the devil inside him and drink as much as he wanted without hearing about it.

He owns his own motel, now, with his alkie buddy, and is his own boss. He answers to no one. He and his buddy drink all day, every day. Since he bought the motel, he has gone completely downhill.

It just gets worse. And it is mind boggling. You cant always make sense of their behavior. It's often heartbreaking to even try. Leave yourself open for someone new to come along and treat you with respect. You seem lovely. I wish better for you!