My high functioning AH left me and our newborn

Old 05-20-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Update: my AH visited our daughter today. He told me he got my letter and that it really meant a lot to him. He said he read it a dozen times which i know is true because i have email tracking. He also admitted he had a problem and said he decided to stop drinking, smoking and taking his ritalin (for his diagnosed ADHD).

He still wants to press on forward with the divorce, and is ready to move forward with splitting things up. He says these things but then he has these moments. Moments where he seems so conflicted. Moments where he fights back tears. Or says stuff about “us” as a family.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarieLouise View Post
He also admitted he had a problem and said he decided to stop drinking, smoking and taking his ritalin (for his diagnosed ADHD).
Sounds like he’s telling you what you want to hear (except for stopping an Rx for a diagnosed mental illness - NOT smart). Actions, not words will tell the story. For now the addict’s (and your) roller coaster ride continues.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarieLouise View Post
He still wants to press on forward with the divorce, and is ready to move forward with splitting things up. He says these things but then he has these moments. Moments where he seems so conflicted. Moments where he fights back tears. Or says stuff about “us” as a family.
I don't know. I think there's more going on that he's not being forthcoming with you about. I think more will be revealed in time, but I hope not.

Take care of yourself and your infant. In the meantime, try not to "read" a lot into his words and the "hooks" coming your way. Challenging stuff. Look at his actions (going through with the divorce) and plan accordingly.

My thoughts are with you...
Old 05-21-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoldOnLoosely View Post
I don't know. I think there's more going on that he's not being forthcoming with you about. I think more will be revealed in time, but I hope not. ...
Im sure youre probably right. Its like theres something else going on that he feels so tormented by. I wish i knew.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Maybe Alcoholism is going on.....that can cover a lot of territory.....