Angry, Sad, Happy, relieved, miss him...All mixed up

Old 05-09-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Yep - I could have written that myself.

Dating has been good practice for me now that I am aware though!!

Just a much needed exercise in flexing those 'NO, THIS ISN'T FOR ME' muscles.

I'm pretty happy solo right now. Everything I have is dedicated to my own happiness, and my outlook on dating has shifted from finding a partner, to just meeting people to see if they should be anywhere near my life or not....and putting NO thought into what happens after that.

It takes time, and you are doing all the right things!!
That is a REALLY good take on dating! I am going to refer back to that. I just don't have a lot of faith in dating...period. I feel like i need some time on my own. Not even lonely. Kind of happy to be on my own, at this point. Being single is addicting, in it's own right. Doing whatever I want whenever I want and not hearing about how it wasn't enough for someone else. Yeah, single is pretty great, right now.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How about we all hop on a plane, fly down to Costa Rica, & set up a beach party in front of a particular hotel - play beach volley ball, horse shoes, limbo, & do shiny dolphins while swimming?
Old 05-09-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just don't have a lot of faith in dating...period. I feel like i need some time on my own.
Thats SO great! I tried dating not too long after I left XABF - you know....trying to make it all better with someone else...lol Thank GOD I had enough time here where I could quickly see I had no business dating. Cause slipping back into my old patterns came easily so many times before that.

So I took over a year off. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself...because now, I love myself and my life enough, that the next dude will ONLY enhance it. The ones that don't, I say goodbye to immediately.

Yeah, single is pretty great, right now.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
How about we all hop on a plane, fly down to Costa Rica, & set up a beach party in front of a particular hotel - play beach volley ball, horse shoes, limbo, & do shiny dolphins while swimming?
Bwahahah! Hard Lessons, I want to hug you! haha! That made my day.
Thank you for the support. The further I leave him in the past, the more i see how awful his treatment was. There are days when I stumble, but on the days I don't it feels like each day I make exponential growth and healing. My friends have all said "Good Riddance. He was a nightmare.". I completely agree. A small (darker) part of me wants to travel to Costa Rica and write a GLOWING review about his biggest competitor. haha! Terrible..I know. Trying to reign that in. Looking forward to the day I forget his name and all the details of this.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Thats SO great! I tried dating not too long after I left XABF - you know....trying to make it all better with someone else...lol Thank GOD I had enough time here where I could quickly see I had no business dating. Cause slipping back into my old patterns came easily so many times before that.

So I took over a year off. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself...because now, I love myself and my life enough, that the next dude will ONLY enhance it. The ones that don't, I say goodbye to immediately.

I get the whole "trying to make it better by dating someone else". LOL!

I had gotten back in touch with an old friend and he tried to date me a WEEK after all of this happened (I just cant seem to build any male friendships, they all want to date. Darn it). I tried rolling with it. Thinking it was just what I needed. He wanted to talk every day, sometimes twice a day. It was like we were already getting married except we hadn't even kissed yet or anything. He has a pot addiction and literally is unable to take a vacation because he owns his own towing company with his dad. I got myself out of that one, quickly. Nice enough guy. No need for a relationship.
I don't dislike men in general. But, boy am I leary about dating for fear of finding another guy with a drinking or substance abuse problem.

So I am going to have a blast being single, and celebrating my freedom. I have a fun trip planned to AZ, weekend after next. Can't wait!