Not sure what to make of contact again

Old 05-05-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Woundedone......I agree with the other. above posters....that your thinking is correct.
It is not surprising, though, that she would contact you. Grabbing on to the closest, convenient person to increase dopamine levels in their midbrain and distract themselves from the real heaving lifting that true and lasting recovery requires. the fast and easy Feel Good.
As you recognized.. it is selfish and self serving. About her needs and not about your overall welfare, at all.

It will be your job to look out for your own welfare, because she can't or won't.
If you let yourself get sucked in....when the hurtin' time comes, again....and, it surely will....you will be the one hurting...not her......
I agree with the others. Sounds like she's left the security of her rehab and is responding to her fear and solitude with thoughts of old comforts. Alcohol (beer from a gas station) and sex (you). Plenty of alcoholics use people to patch problems (esp problematic feelings). It's lucky for her that you were far too sensible and sane to believe that this was a good idea. She'll have been taught new ways of thinking, and new tools for living in rehab. Now she starts the harder job of learning to apply these to real life. But that is HER business.

I do hope you will block her number so she just can't call or text you any more, and that your emotional hangover passes quickly.

BB
Old 05-05-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Now can you block her, so there aren’t any more headed your way?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So I finally blocked her totally from all forms of contact. Don't you know I had 2 blocked messages come from her and she was chastising me and telling me how bad its gonna hurt her 5 yr old daughter cause she won't see me again. She said fine" you can block me all I want cause she doesn't care." Oh gosh she is really laying on the manipulation and guilt . Then she tries to justify why I am causing HER so much pain and crap. The last thing she said was i"it is what it is I guess" . Ya know now I'm starting to think even being sober 93 days she is still nuts. She still has her abusive personality. Ugh I guess next time maybe I should delete blocked voicemails and not listen to them. She got mad cause I said I've moved on which she told me to do. She gets mad at me for talking to other girls. I did what she wanted and she still is crazy.
Will she ever just GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE. Why does she keep contacting me saying 'I'm in love with you". This isn't love what the heck is going on in her head!!!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Alcoholics fixate on stuff. We don't let go easily, and all relationships had better be on our terms. As a matter of fact, everything had better be the way we want it! There is a lot of obsessive, circular thinking in alcoholism and early recovery.

Well, I guess that's just good old fashioned control. Poor coping skills, honed by years of drinking away emotions and by only thinking of herself.

Control, control, entitlement. Yep. Sounds about normal.

Keep blocking her, eventually she'll give up as long as you don't give in. Nothing good will happen if you do give in.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OHHHH and i forgot the best part when he was denied she said "I have been dealt a ****** hand in life .I should just go to the gas station and buy a beer. What is that pity for herself or trying to make me feel like I would be the cause of her relapse???
BOTH

Will she ever just GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE. Why does she keep contacting me saying 'I'm in love with you". This isn't love what the heck is going on in her head!!!
Eventually she will go away, right now she is having a temper tantrum much like a child does when they are told NO. Children have a meltdown yelling screaming crying and when you ignore that meltdown they yell louder and louder seeking your attention. She may do that, her speaking louder may be showing up on your door step or your place of employment, so be prepared and be on guard for a while.