Finding privacy & cutting connections

Old 05-02-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Finding privacy & cutting connections

As I'm working on creating a life I want for myself, I'm valuing privacy where I can find it, especially in this digitally connected world.

Today I saw my profile being offered on "mylife" and with some quick exploration I was both creeped out and curious. I called to have my profile removed and saved the confirmation code so I can follow up on it later. I was given a "7 to 10 day" time frame before it's completely deleted from their site. I felt no need to "correct" all the inaccurate information. I simply want my profile deleted.

I plan to take time today to remove my profile from other similar sites.

Guide from Reputation Defender
Old 05-02-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

These people finder sites also list connections to other people.

Cutting energetic connections between myself and the family members and friends who've been toxic has been very freeing. Mentally and psychologically it also helps me in keeping physical distance. Sometimes my mind wants to re-hash false memories of "good" times. This is one of the ways I'm finding to own my truth. I don't need to explain this truth to others, yet it's important to validate for myself.

I've deleted my contact list on my phone and am filling it with good, healthy, new connections. Family who call or text and I enjoy connections with. People I meet through good ways like Alanon, school, work. Supportive, healthy phone numbers and names.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Update:

My profile has already been fully deleted from mylife . com. This feels really good. It had showed connections to very toxic relationships I've cut out of my real life. Gone. And gone.

After taking a look at other people finder sites, they show less info on me and the mis-information on one is a good reminder to shake off lies other people say about me. I'm finding a little bit of very welcomed humor in that.

C-PTSD cropping up in facing these things. Symptoms are smaller than I've had in the past and I'm listening to them more easily. These symptoms are screaming for recognition and attention. Sitting with them quietly for a bit. Deep breathing. Taking note of the safety of my surroundings. Taking note of where I'm feeling this in my body.

Bringing curiosity and compassion to this experience. Letting go of judgements.

Kind of like a "very zen freak-out mode". A huge part of me is now zen, while the parts that are freaking out have a safe place to do so.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Finding privacy and cutting connections, continued.

Yesterday I was walking around a store, listening to music, dancing to it at times and saw some other people who were doing the same.

Then I saw someone Toxic who I've consciously cut out of my life. I turned away, kept walking and made a decision to leave the store. I was very scared at first. Trauma responses were coming up. Not nearly as severe as in the past, yet definitely there.

I made clear, decisive steps to protect myself and turned immediately to safe, fun, good, healthy surroundings. The trauma symptoms then tapered down and left fairly quickly.

A part of me wanted to say I over-reacted. The healthy voice in me is getting stronger and is congratulating me on creating a new life for myself.

What was really spectacular was last night while I was meditating I noticed how good my body felt. Anxiety has been coming up again lately and it was now completely gone.