O/T Hey All

Old 04-11-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T Hey All

I listed my house for sale today. I thought I would be OK today, I mean my real estate agent came by last week and took pictures, but I actually signed the papers today. What I thought was a simple signing of papers was actually realizing my life is going to change.

I'll be once again moving into an area that is unknown to me, but will be a lot closer to my children. I'm excited, but in a way, I feel numb about this. I don't know what or how to explain what the numbness is for me. Maybe it's peace, but I don't know.

I guess this is a beginning to the rest of my life, and for right now, I can't wait.

(((((((((((((hugs to everyone here)))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 04-12-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes to you on the move Amy

D
Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sure things will work out for the best.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay! I am so happy for you Amy. It's a huge, and POSITIVE, step forward!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Amy.....Lol....I can't remember signing to sell and buy a house, in my whole life, without feeling numb and excited at the same time. I think it is pretty much that way for everybody...
I don't think it is possible to live a totally risk-free life...if one is to live, at all.....

Now, you can look forward to some new challenges, new fun and joy, new excitement and adventures.....new friends, and new accomplishments......Yea!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

New adventures can be nerve wracking!

You've come so far in your journey, you've already finished the hardest segments of the trek, try to enjoy this part!

* Big Hugs!*
Old 04-13-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats Amy - excited for your new adventure!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats!! On to the next chapter in your life!! Hugs!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My house was listed this Monday, it's Wednesday now. I actually got a bid for full price on my house, not contingent on inspection. Things are finally working out for me. Thanks for all of the good wishes. Yay !!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's great Amy! Must be a big load off your mind.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are going to love fixing up your new home! Just the way you like it! And it will be so peaceful! Hugs!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amy....looks like all that work and care that you put into that house has paid off in spades!
Old 04-21-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Amy, I love it when you post your updates. This one especially filled me up with joy.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you! Wishing you happiness on your new adventure!
Old 04-24-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My nerves are totally shot. I agreed to an early possession. I am now looking for a house , already got a mortgage pre-approval for whatever $ the house is. I have a real estate agent working on this. Even though I approved an early possession thing, it would be Memorial Day or June 5th, my youngest daughter told me take as long as you need, that I can move in with her and my 4 cats are also OK, even though she has a dog, a cat, and her roommates have 2 cats.

If you all remember, this is the daughter (my youngest) that wouldn't speak to me at all until about 1 1/2 years ago. Things are really working out well there with her. She is very excited with me about the buying house project. We both actually like the same thing, and she doesn't want me to just settle for something, without loving it.

I guess, I just just amazed and speechless that my youngest daughter would offer me to more in with her when she cut me out of her life for about 7 years.

It's just going all to fast for me, but I guess things just happen the way they are supposed to happen. I guess it also means that if I don't find a place this weekend, and I end up living with this daughter for 2 - 4 weeks, it was just meant to be.

I can't live with my son, both him and his wife are allergic to cats.

Wish me some luck for this weekend in finding a house. I am looking at houses that are older and recently renovated, and also newer townhouses, where the kitchen is on the walk-in level.

This forum is terrific, and I again thank everyone for sticking with me through all of my craziness.

I'll keep you all updated.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
amy
Old 04-25-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Amy!

It's teriffic you and your daughter are in such a good place. Ultimately, pelple realize many times that they were in a bad place, and come back from it. Especially younger people.

Big hugs and lots of luck to you on finding your next home!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's just going all to fast for me, but I guess things just happen the way they are supposed to happen. I guess it also means that if I don't find a place this weekend, and I end up living with this daughter for 2 - 4 weeks, it was just meant to be.
Yep - sometimes you just have to surf those out of control happenings! Wishing you luck to find a place soon, but knowing you're gonna be just fine no matter what! Congrats Amy!!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

A wise man once told me "The only constants in life are God and change." That has proven to be true for my life.

I lost both of my parents in less than three months. That was so stressful and scary. Then I found out after their house sold that I actually had enough money to buy my own little house. That was stressful and scary. I have rented my entire adult life. I found the perfect little house, and when I signed the papers, I was excited and numb like you described. You are not alone.

I see so many blessings in your posts, and God does provide, doesn't he? Things will work out as they are meant to be. Warm hugs from Kansas!
Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm just flipping out a little here now. My computer lost it's search bar, and I can only get into my bookmarks right now. Good thing is f & f is in my bookmarks. I think I was looking up too many houses and, I don't know. Taking my computer with me this weekend so my son can fix it.

So, I wasn't hearing from that realtor all day, guess that is what started freaking me out. Finally got in touch with him, and he is going to devote his entire weekend for me to find a house.

Both of my adult children what to help me look at the houses, they both really want me closer to them. I never would have thought this about 4 years ago.

(BTW, still no contact with drama queen dtr).

I just think everything is going to work out just fine. My agent contacted me and he is devoting his weekend to me.

amy
Old 04-29-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I put in an offer today for a house. It looks really good that I will get the house. Both my kids loved the place.

It just seems that everything is going too perfectly for me right now. It's only about 40 mins to my sons house, I love the town that it is in, guess I'm just not used to all of the non-drama.

Well, anyway, should hear about this most likely tomorrow.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
amy