Delusions and paranoia - what am I in for?

Old 04-05-2018, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Delusions and paranoia - what am I in for?

I'm not sure where to begin. Things seem to be crashing down quickly and I could use some insight.

The past few days have gotten really weird, and I'm not sure what I'm dealing with. For several months he's gone off and on that I'm plotting to divorce him and gathering information to use against him, which is not true, and he had dropped it for awhile. That is now back full force. The other night he got angry that the people on TV didn't care about him. This rant went on for a good 30 minutes before I convinced him he should go to bed. Fortunately the kids were off doing their own thing and didn't witness that. Then tonight we heard him make a strange sound, so I went looking for him and he was hiding in a corner, and when I asked why he said he didn't want to be found. Soon after he went to sleep and yelled out multiple times in his sleep.

I am as positive as I can be that all he is using is alcohol. Have we entered some kind of new stage?
Old 04-06-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not qualified to say why he's acting like this--alcohol, mental illness, who knows. What I WILL say is that it might be a darn good idea to think about getting you and your kids out of this situation before it goes beyond "weird" and turns into "dangerous." If he continues to lose touch w/reality for whatever reason, there is no way to know what actions might seem reasonable to him.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

searching4shay........Honeypig is right......
If you go back to your previous threads...living in abuse has been discussed....
safety Always needs to be the first concern....
You need to have a safety plan in place for you AND the children....
In this kind of situation with a person who has a bad temper to start with and is not in full touch with reality.....thing can go south...badly....in the flash of an eye.
Don't be so sure that you know a ll that is going on.....he could well be mixing drugs with the alcohol....but, at this point, it doesn't matter so much why....you see that it is happening...and safety comes first....
Please don't wait for disaster to happen before you take action....
You have mentioned.before that you are "stubborn" and prideful...but, those have to take second place to your and your children's safety and welfare....
I hope that you are seeing a counselor that is experienced in abuse....
You should contact such counselor asap...because you need an immediate safety plan.....
Don't forget that you can call 911, if you need to.....
Old 04-06-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi S4S is there any chance of getting him medically assessed? He may be drinking, but most drunks aren't delusional unless they're legless. It doesn't sound like that.
If you can't persuade him to seek help voluntarily you're playing Russian Roulette that he'll get bad enough for you to need to call 911 and that episode won't include trauma of some type for you or the children.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sounds like there could be drugs involved......regardless, things are quickly getting out of control and you are all in potential danger. your children should not have to live with someone so unhinged......nor should you. what steps are you willing to take?
Old 04-06-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree that it sounds like either drugs or a "break" of some sort, and he is going to need medical help sooner rather than later. I would definitely call 911 if this happens and I would start getting my ducks in a row to disappear.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've just read back you previous posts and this man is abusive to you and has been abusive to your children too. He is now entering very dangerous territory with the latest paranoia. If you stay it will get worse and something bad will happen. Abuse always get worse. I know this from my exah.

Have we entered some kind of new stage?

It seems so but you can end it anytime you decide.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In your earlier posts, you mentioned being alarmed by his short temper and tendency to fly into rages - and now he seems to be introducing psychotic elements into these rages (being angry with people on TV not paying attention to him, etc). This sounds like a bad combination - hair-trigger temper + irrational beliefs - whether or not alcohol is causing it directly. I suggest you call 911, not necessarily so the police will come to your home but so you can get the number of community mental health resources, who may be able to assist you.

You also mention that he has a major medical condition which is progressing and will likely be terminal - this may be a factor in the mix as well.

No matter what the case, I see a lot of red flags for your safety.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think rather than try and attempt to assess and analyze this new behavior, cause that has no bearing at this time to the immediate threat to you and your children, it’s time to take action and precautions.

It’s like your house is on fire, are you going to stay and try and figure out what started it and where it may spread or are you going to get yourself and kids out safely? The alarm is sounding!!!!!
Old 04-06-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Originally Posted by searching4shay View Post
I'm not sure where to begin. Things seem to be crashing down quickly and I could use some insight.

The past few days have gotten really weird, and I'm not sure what I'm dealing with. For several months he's gone off and on that I'm plotting to divorce him and gathering information to use against him, which is not true, and he had dropped it for awhile. That is now back full force. The other night he got angry that the people on TV didn't care about him. This rant went on for a good 30 minutes before I convinced him he should go to bed. Fortunately the kids were off doing their own thing and didn't witness that. Then tonight we heard him make a strange sound, so I went looking for him and he was hiding in a corner, and when I asked why he said he didn't want to be found. Soon after he went to sleep and yelled out multiple times in his sleep.

I am as positive as I can be that all he is using is alcohol. Have we entered some kind of new stage?
Agree with Honeypig. Get you and the kids out. Could be delusions or psychosis. I have had experience with exAH having this sort of "thing" and it doesn't just "go away", it is likely to get worse... whatever is causing it. If he isn't in an in-patient treatment program, he sounds like he needs to be in one. If he isn't willing to attend one, it will get worse. I'm so sorry this is happening to all of you (including him).

Please consider having a getaway bag packed (and hidden) with the necessities that you and your children need to survive. Have your exist routes planned. Have a trusted person know a code word for "I'm coming over NOW because my spouse is dangerous". Have some money stashed away. Have 911 on speed dial.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like mental illness exacerbated by drugs and/or alcohol. It also sounds unsafe so I hope you have a plan to protect yourself and the children.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have no advice for you, but I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and I hope you and the kids are ok.