He can't figure out why I'm so hurt

Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ok people, hijacking a thread is not allowed. Kindly go take a walk, get some air, call your sponsor, stop arguing with each other and go help somebody else. Your posts are no longer useful in this thread.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 03-27-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
Eh, so be it.

By the way, I find it interesting that you phrase the issue as "what she has been through." If I understand recovery properly (and I concede I may not) - this isn't something that *happened* to her . . . it's something she CHOSE and CHOOSES to be in.

For my part, I reject outright the implication that a man is "broken" or somehow incomplete unless (i) he can fully grasp what his wife's feelings are; or (ii) that he must fulfill every emotional need she has; or (iii) his own emotions are as deep and wide as hers are. And I wonder how many WOMAN have attempted to see the world through a man's viewpoint (and, no it ain't all roses and cupcakes).

Further, I reject outright the notion that millions of years of evolution including the impact of testosterone have had on male feelings/thoughts (which, after all, are JUST biochemical reactions occurring in the brain) and can be safely ignored or, worse, just "wished away."

MCESaint
I know you were not replying to me, but I would like to address this I have tried to see it through my AH's viewpoint. Being the primary income earner is stressful. Being the man taking care of his family financially is stressful. In my mind, I made a lot of excuses for his drinking because of that. At the time I thought perhaps he was drinking because it was stressful and work wasn't going well for him. I did everything I could to reduce what I thought was that burden. And yes, it did happen to me.

In my earlier post I stated that I don't mind that differences between sexes aeem to be no longer noted. I tried to edit but I have been unable to do so. That's not what I meant to say. We are different in a lot of ways. Women's "roles" aren't rises and cupcakes either. We don't wear the capes