Fell off no contact wagon

Old 03-25-2018, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fell off no contact wagon

So after over two months of no contact with my exab I reached out and texted him. I guess I just wanted to know how he was and if he was as I left him. Or had he been on a good path and had his life together. Well, just as predicted by all, he's exactly the same. Drunk. On a Sunday. He responded nicely to my text and Then a few hrs later he turned nasty. Started bringing up our breakup and how it was my fault. It was then I knew he was exactly the same. He's Jekyll and Hyde when drunk. i needed to know that nothing changes with an alcoholic. I've read all the stories but I just needed to know I was on the right course. My heart misses him but it's not enough to bring me back to his crazy world. I honestly can't even imagine just how bad he's been. At least when I was with him he was "trying". Now he's alone. He's 46. I don't know how much his body can take at this point. But not my worry anymore.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm Puzzle . . .if you were reassured that you have done the right thing than maybe it was worth falling off the no-contact wagon??

Hope you have increased confidence in your decision and a stronger commitment to taking care of yourself.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And now you know. Do yourself a favor, get back on your white horse and go NO CONTACT. Believe me, he'll be fine.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get it. Sometimes we have to just prove it to ourselves.