Need Advice ... Stay or Go?

Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mswbound View Post
Hello All,
A little update...
I spoke with my partner and he took the news that he was moving out and not moving to Oregon in August with me. He took the news really well, no dramatics, just acceptance.
Today, he has been texting me quite a bit and asking me bout Easter with my family and another event that I have next week. He wants to come to both and wants to know if we are still together, ect.
I didn't have an answer, I don't have an answer.
I ended up tell him that I needed to go to these events alone. That even though I love him and recognize the pain he is also in... I am deeply hurt by his actions and want space to process it and take care of my mental health.
He did not respond (yet) and I am trying to not feel badly about how awful he must feel right now.
He is still at his parents and I am taking most of his essentials over to him tonight. I hate having to be so harsh with him, I can see how sad and upset and full of regret he is, but I also know that once things settle... he will most likely relapse again.
*siiiiiiighhhhh*
Man oh man this sounds like you are figuring it out and doing what you need to at the speed you need to do it. And yes this just sucks in a zillion different ways. Doing the right thing is so not, not, not easy in this situation. I

f it helps at all try to think along the lines of how you may be getting out of his way so he can hit bottom as need be.

Big hug and take care of yourself.