5 months after Rehab

Old 03-20-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 months after Rehab

Heya Guys!

It has been 5 months since Mrs Sectus came out of Rehab. 5 whole months without alcoholic-related stress.

Don't get me wrong: there were a few after-shocks as I got some of the residual stress and resentfulness out of my system. I think I posted about one of those on here. All that anxiety and the obsessive, controlling urges took a while to fade, and some of that is still with me now. I am still working on that, and it will probably take a while yet. All things considered, it is still early days. I realize all that.

But that said... guys! I have had no alcoholic-caused stress. For a glorious 5 months!

If I could talk to me as I was 2 years ago and asked "What would you do for 5 months of not having this happen?" I probably would have said "Anything", and doubted if it could be done.

And now I have had just that. And normality has become so, well, *normal* for me that I did not even realize what a massive change that represents compared to how things used to be until I sat down to write this.

I mean, wowsers. *I have actually been able to live my life, for a whole 5 months, without any alcohol-related disruption*. Just normal problems.

And I almost forgot to be grateful for that, because I find myself getting positively *spoiled* with all this glorious, plentiful, wonderful *normality* all over the place!

I am not sure if this is awesome or worrying. Is this a sign of success, or am I backsliding?

You know what, to hell with it, I am going with awesome. Because I feel safe enough and strong enough to just decide that, and because even if everything goes to hell in a handbasket tomorrow, no-one can take these 5 awesomely unremarkable, these wonderfully mundane months away from me.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amazing. Congrats on your 5 months! I'd yo with awesome over worrying any day!
Old 03-20-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job. Keep up the good work. 👍
Old 03-20-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you ever heard of the "pink cloud"? Sounds like you're on it, and guess what? Only you can kick you off the cloud. Seriously, great going, we eventually learn to live life on life's terms, that is the glorious result.
Congrats!
Old 03-20-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
I am not sure if this is awesome or worrying. Is this a sign of success, or am I backsliding?

You know what, to hell with it, I am going with awesome.
Good for you! Happy to hear this Vivisectus!

You should maybe be worried if you weren't happy, you deserve happiness and you are embracing it, that's great!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Mr. Sectus!

I am happy to hear about your awesome 5 months with the newly sober Mrs. Sectus

Sounds like both of you are working toward a bright future, and I hope it continues with as few bumps in the road as possible!