The split.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The split.

Two years ago, I had to lock myself in a bathroom with my newborn and dog after my STBXAH came home drunk, in the evening after running an errand. I was upset as it had been the 9th or 10th time he'd gone off the deep end drinking since our DS had been born and he threatened to leave and drive off with our dog.

For about an hour, there was yelling and crying as he tried to break into the bathroom. He finally calmed down and I came out, I put my DS safely in his crib to sleep and when I came out of the room, the rage came back and there was a struggle over the dog...

This was my split moment. The moment I knew was living a nightmare and things would NEVER be the same.

He ended up passing out and I packed the car and left with the baby.

He went on a few day bender before agreeing to go to rehab. I had a birthday during that time and I'll never remember the phone call on my birthday "Happy ******* birthday, this is all your fault"

He left for rehab shortly after and I stuck around wanting sooo badly for rehab to be the magic bullet but the damage and hurt had already been done. I don't think I could ever come back from the moment my heart/head/gut split. There was life before the incident and life after the incident. He had a major relapse and that was that.

My road for the last two years have been unbelievably painful and hard but I'm starting to see the light shine again.

As I type this today, I'm getting ready for a wonderful birthday celebration this weekend with amazing friends. I have met a man who makes me smile and laugh and that is enough for now. I am happy and more importantly, I am hopeful about what might happen next!

Thank you to those here that have helped me look at life a different way. It has completely changed my world for the better.

I still have absolutely $hit days, don't get me wrong. But two years ago I was locked in a bathroom afraid, being told I wasn't worth anything, no one would want me if I left, that I deserved it. He was wrong.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow or the day after but anything is better than that. If anyone is in a similar situation, YOU DESERVE BETTER! GO NOW!

Thank you for letting me share.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BAW....thank you for sharing this!
Old 03-01-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 03-01-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
You-Got-It-meme.jpg (27.2 KB, 58 views)