QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 06-01-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Me: Are you drunk?
AH: No, not at all.
Me: Because you're slurring your words quite a bit.
AH: No, I'm not, and if I am, I think it's from food poisoning!
Me: Really? I wasn't aware of that as a symptom. What did you eat?
AH: I can't remember, but it must have been bad, and to make matters worse, I had to walk to the pharmacy now that you've taken the car away!
Me: What did you get at the pharmacy?
AH: Beer! I thought that would make me feel better.
Me: And here i thought you hadn't been drinking.
AH: I didn't drink it! With my knees being so bad, it was quite a challenge to get there, but I made it!! I'm so proud of myself!
Me: You're PROUD of yourself? Did you get anything else done today, chores, outside, etc?
AH: No, my knees were sore and I was too drunk.

Okie-dokie....
Old 06-01-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Wow sounds like a Marx Bros routine. At least yours eventually admits he’s drunk. If I call my AH out on his drunk behavior, he’ll say, ”What’s YOUR excuse?”

Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
Me: Are you drunk?
AH: No, not at all.
Me: Because you're slurring your words quite a bit.
AH: No, I'm not, and if I am, I think it's from food poisoning!
Me: Really? I wasn't aware of that as a symptom. What did you eat?
AH: I can't remember, but it must have been bad, and to make matters worse, I had to walk to the pharmacy now that you've taken the car away!
Me: What did you get at the pharmacy?
AH: Beer! I thought that would make me feel better.
Me: And here i thought you hadn't been drinking.
AH: I didn't drink it! With my knees being so bad, it was quite a challenge to get there, but I made it!! I'm so proud of myself!
Me: You're PROUD of yourself? Did you get anything else done today, chores, outside, etc?
AH: No, my knees were sore and I was too drunk.

Okie-dokie....
Old 06-01-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lunchbox1 View Post
Wow sounds like a Marx Bros routine. At least yours eventually admits he’s drunk. If I call my AH out on his drunk behavior, he’ll say, ”What’s YOUR excuse?”

Mean as a snake, isn't he? Does it improve much sober or does he just dilute the venom a bit?
Old 06-01-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

sheepherder...I am laughing my ring off, over here.....!
Old 06-01-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

When he’s sober, his politesse is one layer deep.
Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Mean as a snake, isn't he? Does it improve much sober or does he just dilute the venom a bit?
Old 06-01-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

So sorry Lunchbox--my mom was a really mean drunk and no matter how much armor I put on, it still hurt
Old 06-02-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

While i was away the other night l skyped AH for a chat. He was 'tipsy' to say the least. Laughing for no reason and slurring. I got home the next day and said 'so you've sobered up then?' To which he replied " l wasnt drunk..look l havent had any out of the whisky bottle in the cupboard' he showed me the bottle which hadnt been opened. I just smile and ask where is the bottle which he HAS been drinking from....he replies "ln the bin"
Old 06-02-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Well done Awal!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

“This is so not fair”- exAH picking up kiddo who doesn’t want to hang out w him.

Yes, you decided you would try this parenting thing for the first time when I left and kid prefers me, who does everything for her including giving a stable home. But it’s unfair to the AH(ole) that couldn’t give a s*** about anyone but himself that she doesn’t run into his arms.

I sure was unfair in getting off that roller coaster! Fair would have been to be treated like crap for the rest of my life to support his ability to parent from his back on the floor.

Grr!!! I did not engage though. Progress.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
Date night:
H: I thought you wanted a drink. Don't you want a drink?
Me: I'm fine with a soda.
H:Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I am. (I'm sure the waitress must have had some thoughts.)
Wow, this sounds familiar!
The X preferred if I had a beer before she opened one. We used to drink together and she did not like my ability to stop drinking. She started getting especially agitated when I started to not drink at all.

​​​​​​XAGF: You want a beer?
Me: No thanks, I'm good.
XAGF: You sure?
Me: Yeah I'm sure, thanks!
XAGF: You sure you don't want a beer?
Me: Yep, I'm sure.
XAGF: You don't want a beer?
Me: No thanks.
XAGF: So you don't want a beer.
Me: No I'm good, thanks.
XAGF: [sarcastically, rolling eyes as if I'm totally weird] Okaaaay... [opens beer]

Or, she would make a liquor store run and get a bunch of unusual beers that would appeal to me, because at one time I was into brewing and different kinds of beer. This was an attempt to make sure I would drink too.

She would say I got rye beer for you, in the fridge. We're talking a litre big bottle of strong beer.

I'd say okay and purposely not touch that beer. Of course, it would be gone within a day or two along with everything else.

Next day, I got you another rye beer to replace that one I drank.

Of course, I wouldnt touch that one either....
Old 07-08-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

new one

AH: sends me e mail that Mr X died
me : Oh no! (reading the e mail) And he had pancreatic cancer!
AH: Yeah and he was a teetotaler, remember?
me: (not sure why AH mentioned that as I didn’t say anything about alcohol) oh, I guess. Well maybe he smoked, or maybe he was a teetotaler just last time we saw him, idk
AH: (defensively and pointedly) Some people just get cancer and it’s not about their lifestyles, YOU KNOW?

note: I am a cancer survivor. Not from lifestyle issues, genetic mutation.

TL; DR: See, even sober people get pancreatic cancer!! (Therefore it’s ok if AH drinks?)
Old 07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pizza67 View Post

note: I am a cancer survivor. Not from lifestyle issues, genetic mutation.
I mentioned on some forum that my husband had died from lung cancer, after forty years of smoking two packs a day. Someone scolded me, pointing out that smoking is a "risk factor" but not necessarily a cause of cancer. I hold onto that as the perfect example of a distinction without a difference.

And yes, it appears after a cursory search to be a risk factor for pancreatic cancer as well.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

No one should have scolded you. It’s obviously the cause. In any case I don’t know what “distinction without a difference” means! Sorry 🙁. Also my AH was trying to say that I was trying to blame Mr X for his death (maybe it hit too close to home for him? I never even mentioned cause), and trying to shame me for doing so (which I didn’t) by referring to my cancer as an analog of Mr X’s situation.

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
I mentioned on some forum that my husband had died from lung cancer, after forty years of smoking two packs a day. Someone scolded me, pointing out that smoking is a "risk factor" but not necessarily a cause of cancer. I hold onto that as the perfect example of a distinction without a difference.

And yes, it appears after a cursory search to be a risk factor for pancreatic cancer as well.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:26 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Maybe this counts as a posthumous quack: I've been in touch with one of deceased ex's former friends (they had a big falling-out as ex got crazier) because I'm trying to pull together some details to settle ex's estate (he died without a valid will, Kid is his only heir). One bit of information I need is details of any vehicles ex may have owned. Former friend says that the last time he spoke to ex, he had three cars, a camper-van and a vintage motorcycle. This is connected to their falling-out: FF says he told ex "you know, if you sold a couple of those, you could pay off your child support arrears". Ex said he didn't have any actual child support arrears, the court order is "misleading". How did he figure that? Because in the future Kid would be coming to live with him full-time, which means Sasha is going to owe HIM child support and she makes/made more money than he did - so if he pays his arrears child support now, he'll actually be OVERPAYING Sasha compared to what she's going to owe him in the future.

Former friend said "that makes no sense. You are a deadbeat. And anyway Kid is never going to live with you full time while you are drinking around the clock, living with a meth addict, getting arrested, and not going to work". Ex accused former friend of "undermining his self-esteem".

And I can easily believe it all went down exactly as former friend described it.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

AH: You want me to stop drinking????

I'm male!!!!!! Males drink!!!!!!

Do you want me to start eating brown rice as well????
Old 07-29-2019, 11:38 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
AH: You want me to stop drinking????

I'm male!!!!!! Males drink!!!!!!

Do you want me to start eating brown rice as well????

Gotta tell you, that’s one of my all-time favorites!

Like his boy parts would fall off if you put brown rice in front of him...

Old 07-29-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post

Like his boy parts would fall off if you put brown rice in front of him...

Too much fiber
Old 07-29-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

can't imagine what quinoa would do then!!!
Old 07-29-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

lmao
Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
can't imagine what quinoa would do then!!!
Old 12-19-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Just bumping up the quackers thread!!