Outside looking in

Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Outside looking in

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share a moment I just had. I’m not on my Facebook much, but tonight I’m kid free, so being the party animal that I am...I’m snuggled up on my couch watching a movie and on the internet haha. Anyways, I am still friends with much of my Ex’s in laws. And I enjoy seeing the little cousins and such. I saw one post that really triggered me in a good/bad/bittersweet way? One family unit (adult cousin and family) shared pictures of them all at a world famous kids theme park show of some sort and every single adult in that picture had a drink in their hand. They were cheers’ing the camera and the caption said something about - being excited and waiting in line. But the kids. Right there. That’s their normal and I’m so so so so glad that I’ve separated us from that. It made me flash right back to a time I would have been in that or similar pictures. Ugh. No more drunken family get togethers for us.

Just some thoughts and reflection on my growth and the positive changes I’m seeing for the kids and I.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Party animal indeed!

Thousandwords, that's a huge deal! Interesting insight.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thousand words, that was pretty observant of you. Good analysis.

Seems to me you are really on a good solid path of recovery. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

thousandwords.....I remember, so clearly, your anxiety and self doubt, when you first came to the forum.....and, Babe---Look at you now!!!!
Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
thousandwords.....I remember, so clearly, your anxiety and self doubt, when you first came to the forum.....and, Babe---Look at you now!!!!
Thank you!! The longer I’m out of the marriage/environment the more I’m realizing how messed up things were. Any family function had to have alcohol there, or there’d be heck to pay. I’d feel like the babysitter/ chauffeur wherever we went. Change - It’s in the little details not just the big blow ups. I feel confident alone. Things aren’t easy but I only have my stress to manage not a king baby’s too.

Another gem I came across reading about abuse from his type: “Your partner insists you are unable to manage money properly”
Something I really believed which put me in the position of letting go of financial reigns which in turn made me extremely dependent on him. Now I’m coming out on top financially after months of stretching a dollar there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. And living through this experience has taught me I can definitely manage finances and make 5 bucks stretch all week!

I appreciate the support from you all. It slowly helped me make this move .