I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 02-20-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

#7 - (yesterday) Lots of happy & productive moments to be grateful for - a fantastic 3 mile walk to start my morning followed by meditation & a THREE HOUR NAP.

Later in the day DD & I worked on that old dollhouse rehab I've been tinkering with for years (or more accurately, I've been pushing it down on the priority list because it falls under the heading of "extra/fun/creativity"). We already had every single thing we needed to work on it - it's just been sitting there, collecting dust & cat hair (they like sleeping inside when it's empty of furniture) We finished the floors & one half of the roof. The floors are faux wood looking contact paper from the dollar tree & the roof is a hodge-podge of tile made up of shells, fake jewels, pieces of stained glass, tiny crystals like adventurine, lapis lazuli, peridot, peach quartz, etc.

#8 - Happy that I restarted my chakra yoga flow sequences yesterday even though it's a challenge & I'm already sore after Day #1. It always helps me push through another layer of healing.... which can be as scary as it is amazing.

Sparklekitty, migraines are NO fun; I hope you discover a link in your journaling exercise.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Had dinner with a buddy last night for our 20 year 'friendsiversary.' He was the best friend of an ex boyfriend, and when the boyfriend and I split, his friend and I just stuck. Purely platonic, mutual support and admiration and i'm thankful for those good feeling friends.

Headed to dinner tonight at a girlfriends house that I've been missing - another Mandy - we have similar family history - have been on similar self awareness paths -
have similar struggles - and our friends call us the Mandys . She has a 2 year old, were both busy and get caught up in life, then it hits one of us - dang...I miss the other Mandy....and then we just make it happen, and I can't wait!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Today is 65 in Chicago! A good 30 plus degrees warmer than it's been in months. The dog was so happy this morning taking her walk and not freezing or having to walk through salt and ice (me too!). I felt a bit bad though because I woke up late so we only had time to go potty and back in. I will try and leave a little early today from work so we can maybe take a walk to the park if the rain stays away. Something about that first warm day as winter winds down and you know that Spring is coming feels so hopeful. I am always trying to watch what I eat but low and behold somebody brought fresh baked bagels to the office this morning so enjoyed a half of my favorite (sesame) with my coffee. Couldn't resist! Had a good meeting also with a new client and colleague and things went well. No more meetings now for the day so I get to focus on work with the occasional F&F posting I feel a little sad today but going to keep on going and appreciate the already lovely things that not even a half day has already brought to me.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I finally found a great Dojo. I love doing Karate, it's such a great workout!!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

#9- My Siamese had a rare, super cuddly evening where he only left my side long enough to snuggle up with DD. He's like a baby, he has to be touching me the whole time he cuddles, often using my hand as his pillow. He's usually obnoxiously active and even seems to need less sleep than my other breeds so I couldn't help but check him for fever, etc in case he was sick.... Nope! Just feeling the love last night I guess. My pets make me SO happy and I swear, we're even MORE bonded after surviving the hurricane evacuation and aftermath. One night last week all 5 of them piled into my bed with me. When DD walked in and burst out laughing at the sight of me buried under about100# of feline, I said, welcome to Pride Rock!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Aww, Fire, pets are the BEST! I am finding myself browsing shelter dogs....I'm soo not ready yet though. One day! Till then, I'm enjoying the travel freedom.

Happy for a hair appointment today. I only get it done once a year....I still have hair dresser anxiety thanks to moms 'little orphan annie home perm" when I was 8..... but today I'm excited, these grays are getting out of hand and honestly I'm having a more difficult time with that than I did turning 40!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Pets are the best!!! I just love mine to pieces!

Today I am thankful for a roof over my head. The wind blew so hard and it rained so hard last night that I was sure it was going to shear my roof off. Thankfully, we are all good and no damage was done.

I love this thread, and hearing of everyone's good tidings lol!

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot! I won a trip. I was nominated by a company we work with through my job to take a really nice all expenses paid swanky trip in April. I went on one a few years back and it was amazing. I was really happy and excited!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:56 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day #9: Got a little bit of notice for my contribution to a big win here at the office. They got my title wrong in the announcement email, of course, and I was just about to get fussy over it when my (often challenging) partner on my team got all fussy over it for me. As soon as she did that, I found myself totally able to let it go. No need to sweat the small stuff.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

#8 - I plan to go to the movies with friends this evening. I thought about not going, but a friend convinced me to go (it's a school night for the kids, but babysitting fell into place). Off topic from the movies, I had a therapy appointment and I'm understanding myself and going through the layers and looking inward. Good stuff, but it takes time and effort. So worth it.

#9 - I went for a bike ride with some other friends. I'm starting to train for a triathlon in the summer. I probably should have started a month ago, but I'm trying to get back into it. It's just what I needed. I'm thinking about going for a walk/jog this afternoon and take advantage of this beautiful weather.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ok here I go again (trying!)

I actually ordered a new BB cream from Amazon last night. I like makeup, it's fun to me so having a new BB cream incoming on Friday is happy making. lol
Old 02-21-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Can I play?

I’m a week behind you all, but this looks like a fun way to change habits. I won’t number mine, I’ll just add a week when you all are done...

I got my hair done today and it looks great. I love going to get my hair done, it relaxes me. All the grays are gone, lol. Tomorrow at work I'm going to feel like a million bucks.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sailorgirl57 View Post
Tomorrow at work I'm going to feel like a million bucks.
That's great, got to love that feeling!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day #10: I used to complain about my long bus commute between my edge-of-the-city neighborhood and downtown, but now I love it. It's when I do most of my reading and podcast-listening. But also, as a creature of habit, I tend to sit in the same seat every day.

Every morning, on the way to work, I pass by the spot where my now-DH, then-new-acquaintaince gently maneuvered me around an ice patch I couldn't see as we made our way from a drug store. I was buying some replacement Christmas tree lights on my home from a performance of the show we'd met doing. He just came along for the walk, and ended up helping me get the lights down from a tall shelf.

After he helped me around the ice, I realized that my (very recent) XABF never would have done the same thing. Just no way. He wouldn't have noticed, wouldn't have cared, would have laughed if I slipped. I knew that I would never go back to him again, and that even if nothing moved forward with my new friend, I would never settle for anyone who wasn't present with me again.

And, on the way home from work everyday, I pass by the mansion on the lake where were married eight years ago. It's owned and maintained by the City park district, and on the day we got married there were all these dragonflies around.

So Day #10, happiness is, oddly, my commute.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sparkle, I love that. What is usually a dread turned into your blessing.

Today I am thankful for my tax refund. I am not purchasing anything swanky, but I am paying down some bills that are draining me, and am able to get some things taken care of, and put a little money into my emergency fund.

I hate making my blessing money, but sometimes that is the reality.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day #9 – Happy that the plumbing issue in my basement was not worst-case scenario and that it got fixed.

Day#10 – Happy that my co-worker won some money on a scratch off lottery ticket and she brought in fresh bagels for all of us.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

It snowed last night! Yippee! Everything is white! So clean and fresh. Light. Quiet. A gift from heaven and I can’t wait to go out and walk in it and breathe the cold pure air!!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy for nothing going on tonight. I'm loving the show Altered Carbon, and plan on making myself a lovely grilled chicken Cesar salad for dinner and socking in through the cod weather tonight.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Today I am happy that my social circle is strengthening.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

#10 - So many moments already today - my new wireless keyboard/mouse arrived for my laptop... Writing Nook complete, woohoo! I'm very excited about this addition to my bedroom.

I've had a long morning at work already with a lot of hand-holding & listening & counseling you wouldn't expect in an office geared toward financial services - isn't money supposed to be cold?? lol It's showing me how I'm appreciative of 2 recurrent themes today - First, people keep telling me how much of a difference I'm making in their worlds - that I'm in the exact right place, doing what I'm supposed to be doing & helping them in ways they hadn't counted on & that in turn, #2 - they adore my DD & ask about her with true compassion & concern for her well being. They cheer for her successes & pray for her challenges. They think of her as extended family, having watched her grow from toddlerhood to high school over the last 10 years. I'm so very lucky to be in a great place doing great things even if it's the LAST place on Earth I would've ever expected to be working!

Since I'm on a roll - while I'll never be happy for the gun violence in this country or the affect it is having on our children, I AM happy about the amazing conversations I'm having with DD as a result. It's a sign of the times that she & her friends are more concerned about when they'll have the right to vote than they are about getting their driver's licenses. This generation is just getting fired up folks, step back & watch them #GetWoke.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that my daughter has been reaching out in a very loving way lately.

I was so happy to wake up to the sweetest texts messages from my niece and great niece! So happy they had a snow day today!!