I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
I'm out of the challange. Best wishes to everyone else involved.
I'm sorry to hear this, hearthealth. I hope that even though you won't be posting about it everyday, you continue to look for happiness each day, because you deserve it.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I never started, and can't even get close to starting this week. Still following the thread and enjoying reading everyone's positive posts.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I second what Sparklekitty wrote, hearthealth. I'm giving it a go, but I think I missed two days so far and we're only 5 days into it?

Well, I'm still into the Boundaries With Teens book. Oh, the teenage years... I was about to set one more boundary with my children, but then decided we talk about it together. We talked, collaborated and compromised and it went well. One more issue down. I was putting it off, but it went amazing well. So much gratitude for the way we handled it together and everyone's voice was heard.

Beautiful afternoon with snow. Warm fire in the fireplace and the children and I are relaxing.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy I got out for a nice walk and got all my laundry done already.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day #6: First off, lemme say that Sunday mornings are my favorite time of the week--my DH sleeps in and I get up early, make myself some tea, and settle into our sun room for some writing and net surfing. For the past few months I've been writing a sort of ongoing saga with no "goal" in mind--just writing whatever feels right next.

When I opened up the file this morning, I realized that yesterday I hit 100,000 words. 233 pages.

Not a milestone I'd been aiming for, but a great reminder that I am engaging in this artistic endeavor just for me, with no outside pressure or ambition, just because I like to do it. I've made time for it, even when I wasn't feeling particularly inspired, and continued with it just because it feels great to do it and I can lose myself in it. I don't even care if it's good. Just doing it has made me happy.

Follow your bliss, friends, whenever you can.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

#5 - Happy to enjoy the fun teen moments DD is going through too - yesterday we spent hours shopping for makeup & girlie stuff & then playing with different applications & color palates while we watched movies (& youtube videos about makeup & hair). I've been waiting for this part, this is where I'm a Rock Star - when she ASKED to go shopping, I felt a single, happy tear run down my cheek.

#6 - Happy this morning that I listened to that Inner Voice of my Higher Self yesterday when it told me to take a Time-Out last night & stay home for the 1st Saturday night in I-don't-know-how-long. (which was not the original plan at all)

It was one of those days when distracting myself would have been so much easier & a heckofa lot more fun..... but in the end it would set me back in a lot of ways. It's hard to recognize & honor the need for respite when it involves purposefully sitting with discomfort, but ya know, I survived.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TropicalWinter View Post
Oh - FS - that Erika Jayne song just may be my new favorite!!! Giving fewer effs about what unhealthy people think is one of my major quests these days. The more I build my own life, the less the jerks matter.
I'm glad you liked it - I didn't link it because of the mature content. I was blasting it in my van on Friday & had to remind myself to bring down the volume at the red light.

I have another saying that I like to counteract the negativity of giving no effs- it's something like, "You should give an eff- you really should. But only about the things that matter. Save your effs for the Magic in Your Life."
Old 02-18-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Not a great day for happiness but a funny moment: I was dealing with a rental situation with plowing and various folks. It left me grouchy. My sweetest niece walked in and kindly greeted me with "How are you Auntie Bekindalways?" I responded honestly and rudely, "grouchy." She answered, "Oh that's nice 'cause I'm grouchy too." We shared our various woes and laughed hard. Lovely.
Love. This! These moments are awesome! Talk about turning a negative into a positive.

IDK Bekind- sounds like you're NAILING this challenge, if you ask me.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I had a cheese plate last night that had pickled okra. I love interesting flavor combinations like this.

I've probably mentioned that I'm a depressive so I'm rarely really what I'd call happy. My upbringing combined with my natural inclinations created a situation where paying attention to what I enjoyed was not particularly practical. I have to pay attention all day and sometimes go out of my way to find something that makes me happy.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

100 happy days? This is... so hard. Okay... I'll try.

Day 1: I promised myself that I would wake up and exercise tomorrow. I feel quite positive about it too. I am going to try to prioritize my health: exercise, eat right, sleep better. Tomorrow, I start with exercise and food. Sleep will need a bit of work.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy for my CPAP machine. I love it! I also love getting a good nights sleep and feeling rested in the morning. I love having no distractions from taking care of me!
Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Day 2: First day of morning exercise. I felt a bit better after doing it. I got one of those over-door hanging things that you can use like a monkey bar, to stretch out my back and work my abdominal muscles. I also gave the pets baths and ate some strawberries and now I'm going to make an effort to make dinner for myself rather than just fill another bowl of cereal. I collected the mail from the mailbox. Small steps to normality.

Bekindalways... the idea of a cheese plate right now sounds great.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Day #7: TICKETS TO THE 7 PM BLACK PANTHER TONIGHT!!!!!
Old 02-19-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I went with my children and some other family to Jumanji (sp?) last night. It's a GREAT movie, I had a lot of fun. I had a great time over the weekend just spending time with those I care about and relaxing. We went shopping and watched movies, it was great. I came home and some of my family were at my house fixing something for me that I have needed fixed for a long time, so that was amazing! All in all, a great weekend that I hope continues into the week.

I hope everyone finds some happiness today!
Old 02-19-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ooh hopeful, we LOVED Jumanji! Perfect escapist fun.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I went to lunch with a good friend today. Laughter always make me happy!!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sunday - I made it through a lot of paperwork and knocked some stuff off of my to do list. It was weighing on my mind. A sense of accomplishment.

Monday - A neighbor came to my house to help me fix my stationary bike. He's an engineer and likes to take stuff apart and put it back together. The bike is unfortunately taking more time than I thought. The issue is somewhere inside the bike. Lots of nuts and bolts and pedals and other unidentified stuff on the floor. I started thinking to myself "this is taking up a lot of his time" and I wished it didn't, but he was ok with it and didn't mind. I appreciate I have wonderful neighbors and I'm looking forward to riding my bike.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Today is my day off so I got to sleep in and I needed it and it was great! Also put ABBA in my car and that was great while driving around today.

(Should clarify, I didn't actually have Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Frida in my car, just the CD)
Old 02-20-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day #8: I'm wearing a cute new dress today. Also Black Panther last night was aweeeeesommmmmme.

Small caveat: I seem to have started having 3-4 days per week where I wake up with what might potentially be a migraine, only I can't tell for sure (our weather has wildly vacillated over the last several weeks, so I sometimes think it could be sinus-related). Some days I get some caffeine in me and it goes away. Some days the symptoms themselves make it super-difficult for me to understand how I'm feeling and whether it warrants taking medication. I only get 4 pills every 9 days per the insurance company (which, by the way, is super-cruel math for someone who suffers the fog-brain symptom of migraines like I do), so I try to be discriminating about taking the medication--even though I know there's no way the bad ones will go away on their own.

I think it's time I made my annual check-up appointment, or maybe started journaling these symptoms/treatments for a clearer picture of how my migraines have evolved (I've had them for like, 15-20 years now).
Old 02-20-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day #4 Happy that I have sick days at work.

Day #5 Happy that I have had DayQuil/NightQuil/Sinus meds at home and didn’t have to buy any.

Day #6 Happy that my fever finally broke.

Day #7 Happy that I am starting to feel better.

Day #8 Happy to be back at work if you can believe that!