I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 02-13-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's warm here today (warm is relative, but it's warm for here!). We have had record snowfall and it's finally melting.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Today I am happy that my genius 6 month plan to re-org our company was received well And it puts me in the COO spot, takes my too many hats problem off my plate, puts me me in a position to better utilize my strengths, and gets someone in better suited, and that can better manage my main current position than I. Double Yay!
Awesome news!! Congratulations!!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Today I am happy for the smell of rain and the taste of hot coffee.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Today I am happy that my genius 6 month plan to re-org our company was received well And it puts me in the COO spot, takes my too many hats problem off my plate, puts me me in a position to better utilize my strengths, and gets someone in better suited, and that can better manage my main current position than I. Double Yay!
Dudewoman, congratulations - that's fantastic!!

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
TrailMix

The past month or so has been a bit rough for me. So I am having difficulty finding happiness.

I haven't felt what I would describe as happy about anything today. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for a lot of things - just not happy.

Something I found comfort in today was reading all the various wisdom found here on SR. Never ceases to amaze me.

I will follow this thread & be more mindful to find happiness. BTW I do understand, my lack of happiness is my own fault.
I get it HardLessons - the bolded part above is "enough", you don't have to run around searching for purple unicorns farting rainbows everywhere. ..... even this, the exercise of developing an awareness for positivity, needs to be taken in baby steps. Like all the Abraham Hicks I listen to says over & over - "you can't get there from here". Meaning- that's too far of a stretch from where you are right now so expecting that from yourself is unfair.

Instead - just pay attention to the *small stuff* - did you grab a great parking spot this morning? See 10 seconds of a great sunrise? Catch a rerun of a favorite TV show?

Originally Posted by Givenup2018 View Post
Yesterday, I joined a lovely gym in a 5* hotel at knockdown rates, it has sauna, steam room, swimming pool and gym. Time to exercise off all the stress.

Shut. Up. You can DO that!?! That's my favorite part of my business trips! Off to google local possibilities.....
Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day #2 - I've said this before but in all seriousness the friendships I've developed on this board have been such an incredible blessing to my life. I've been hitting my recovery work OT right now & the support & solid, heartfelt, authentic advice I've been getting both here in the forums & privately has been remarkable & humbling (in a good way). I'm happier than EVER that I accidentally ended up here as a result of a google search all those years ago.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Meeeeeee! I love this exercise, and really gained a lot from it last time around.

Today I am happy that my FIRST ex-husband and I have come so far in our co-parenting relationship. He is not an A, and our divorce 10 years ago was very acrimonious. He HATED me for a long time, and it showed. But we have both done some very hard work in recent years, and for the past few years we have gotten along great, communicated well, etc. This is so meaningful to me with our older daughter graduating high school in May. That experience will be all about HER now, and not about any lingering drama between her parents. I give my XH all the credit in the world for how hard he's worked.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day #2: I've got two today -- dinner plans with my valentine, DH, and a therapy appointment!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy for Valentine's Day, feeling all the love, and having dinner with friends tonight. I hope everyone is surrounded by love today!!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day #2 happy that I am able to have another Valentine’s Day with my 88-year-old mom! I pray that I get her genes because no one can believe she is 88. Feel blessed.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Day 2: A hug for Valentine's Day from my husband. Yep, that was it.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
under new management

Day 2: Today, my boss and co-workers presented me with a birthday card with a gift card to my favourite bookstore!

Really took me by surprise
Old 02-14-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today, I am happy that it is raining!
Old 02-14-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am happy these past couple days that I feel like I am receiving
the guidance I have fervently prayed for.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
It takes time & repeated patterns to do all the synaptical rewiring needed to create lasting change.
This is so true. It takes lots of practice and repetition.

I went to my daughter's class Valentine's Day party. I found myself laughing with the kids...my worries drifted away...and I was present and in the moment.

I'm understanding more about myself the further I go in my recovery.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 3 DD first self composed band solo performance and she's done with her crutches.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day #3 - Maybe only those of you raising teen girls through puberty & their ever-changing bodies can appreciate this but it was Music To My Ears last night when DD announced, "I love these jeans mom!"......

... because, do you have any idea HOW MANY PAIRS she has tried on over the last 3 months????

Do you have any clue how many different stores & brands we've sifted & sorted through looking for the right, comfortable, age-appropriate fit for a 14-yr old?

Next year is her first-ever experience with a non-uniform school & she has a month-long summer program ahead of that to prepare for... and yeah, 3 months to find the "right" jeans. Lord help me. I really have a teenager living in my house now.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day #3: My Dungeons & Dragons game meets tonight--nothing I enjoy more than some collaborative storytelling with a bunch of other nerds like me!

Also an an addendum to Day #2: Our dinner was fabulous and we ran into another couple friend of ours who also live in the neighborhood. AND we are back to our mostly-Whole30-compliant eating today and for the foreseeable future because wow. So much cheese.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Happy for lunch with a girlfriend, then house-sitting again with 2 dogs and a hot tub this time!
Old 02-15-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy that my DD14 comes up tonight for our anime convention and to get her braces off tomorrow. Even happier that my fella finished work early and can drive down and pick her up, saving me time and hassle this evening.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am happy that it's fairly warm and nice here today. I am also thankful for good friends! A friend is taking my child to do something fun at school that I could not get there for, so I am extra appreciative for the village of moms that help me with my own children!