This Hurts and now I知 Drinking

Old 02-10-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This Hurts and now I知 Drinking

To kill the pain. Aside from two days when I had to work and go into the office I知 home starting to drink from the afternoon thru late in the night for the last five nights straight. I invested too much in someone I cared for who has this disease and now I知 paying for it as well.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pour it out, London. There's no situation you can face that drinking over it won't make worse.

Sending strength and courage.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear London
When my ex and I were still together, I drank a 6 pack every work night. On days off, only God knows how much. My liver enzymes were messed up, I had violent stomach cramps, and periods of time I couldn't remember.

My last drink was almost 4 years ago when we separated.

You are merely anesthetizing yourself. If you do a little work, one day at a time, you can relieve the root issues that cause you to drink.

We are here to help you!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by London393 View Post
To kill the pain. Aside from two days when I had to work and go into the office I知 home starting to drink from the afternoon thru late in the night for the last five nights straight. I invested too much in someone I cared for who has this disease and now I知 paying for it as well.
to kill the pain- an excuse i used a LOT. a laundry list of pains i used as an excuse.
something i didnt realize until i got sober:
if it truly killed the pain, i wouldnt have had to keep drinking.

F.E.A.R.=
**** Everything And Run
or
Face Everything And Recover
Old 02-10-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

To try and numb the pain is how I should have put it.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

To try and numb the pain is how I should have put it.
then you realize it aint workin,eh?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome London

"I cared for who has this disease and now I’m paying for it as well."

Only if you choose to. Care for yourself now, ditch the booze and get on with your life.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome London. I am so glad you found us and yep I get the drinking. I'm a depressive and sometimes a couple of glasses of wine tames that black dog . . . not good!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Hello London. Emotional pains exists for a reason. If you try to numb it by destroying your mind or your body, it will eventually find you anyway. Better to face it, have a good talk to it, take it out for a walk, and realize it's not as scary as you initially thought it was: probably this pain looks like a frightened baby London who needs a hug... and if you ignore baby London, it will just cry louder.

No matter what happens, life goes on. No matter what happens, everyone will have to experience loss. You might lose your childhood. You might lose the ones you love (in fact, not "might", you will... sooner or later). You might lose your job. You take nothing with you to the other side. This pain is just trying to help you prepare. This is the work of life. It's not what you have that's important. It's what you leave behind -- don't drink the opportunity away, grow stronger.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

London......In New York City, there is an AA meeting every hour of the day or night, somewhere,.... and transport, as well. Go to one every day......
Old 02-10-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

😔
Old 02-10-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

London, what is one thing you can do today to treat yourself with love and respect?
Old 02-10-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Trying to get myself up and out of bed to go to an Al-anon meeting. But then I know what will happen right after. I’ll stop by the liquor store and pick myself up some wine because for the rest of the day and night I’ll sit and think about it, about him.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How about just one thing at a time. Get out of bed. Go to the meeting. You might well feel differently about the rest of your day after that. '

The stories we tell ourselves have tremendous power, London. Tell yourself a different one. Just for today.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

London.....how about an AA meeting? Putting yourself first....Your sobriety should come before everything else...first priority.
(you can still go to an alanon meeting.....but, shouldn't you go, sober...?

when you say that you "know" you will pick up wine for the rest of the day...sounds like you have already made that decision to drink.
You can, also, make a decision not to pick up the wine and drink....
Call your sponsor.....
Old 02-10-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just don’t want to hurt so bad like this. I don’t deserve this. I tried my best to have everything and now I have nothing.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ving-home.html (The One I Love Newly Sober and Now In Sober Living Home)
Old 02-10-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

London.....none of us want the pain of a broken relationship.....we all understand that, because most all of us have suffered that...been to hell and back because of it....
However...it cannot be used as an excuse for drinking......
Drinking will take everything else you have.....and, you still have a lot to lose....
Old 02-10-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

To kill the pain. Aside from two days when I had to work and go into the office I’m home starting to drink from the afternoon thru late in the night for the last five nights straight. I invested too much in someone I cared for who has this disease and now I’m paying for it as well.

You only have to pay as much as you will allow. You know what to do. Drinking will not make anything any better. You will just end up like your ex.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just don稚 want to hurt so bad like this. I don稚 deserve this. I tried my best to have everything and now I have nothing.
You sure don't deserve any of the treatment you received at the hands of another, but you REALLY don't deserve to lose everything you have left because of your own behavior.

Give yourself the same care you gave your A- the second chances, the forgiveness, the love- and please stop drinking. There is nothing good about the place alcohol will take you and it will also delay any recovery from all the emotions you must deal with to move on in your life.

So many of us have been on both sides of this same situation, and it can all be better, but not with the addition of alcohol.

Alcohol is a liar and a thief, you don't deserve THAT in your life.

Be well, be strong, I'm pulling for you.