SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   UPDATE! What is going on ? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/422798-update-what-going.html)

Lostnconfu 02-01-2018 12:40 PM

No, he did call and place a trespassing report. When I placed my police report, they stated he did call and say that I was sitting across the street from his house. The deputy said I wasn't in trouble. But that he filed a report and said I was trespassing.

atalose 02-01-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 6769768)
you are assuming the other VOICE was a police officer....have you considered it was just another buddy pulled into the game? that this is ALL a game to him? police don't CALL people and yell at them in the middle of the night. you've been played.................

Exactly!

They do not call someone in the middle of the night based on a story someone under the influence tells them. They might investigate, they might come out to your address and check your car if it’s not in a garage, feel the hood to see if it’s warm, call you in the am or at an appropriate time to question you regarding the accusations this person made against you.

Lostnconfu 02-01-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by atalose (Post 6769830)
Exactly!

They do not call someone in the middle of the night based on a story someone under the influence tells them. They might investigate, they might come out to your address and check your car if it’s not in a garage, feel the hood to see if it’s warm, call you in the am or at an appropriate time to question you regarding the accusations this person made against you.

I thought the same thing. I could not fathom being called at 2:45am and being condescended to and yelled at. But when I filed the report this morning, he said that my ex DID file the trespassing report. He stated that I was across the street from his home. He said the officer who called was trying to let me know that a notice had been given so that if I was caught there that they could begin to file charges.

dandylion 02-01-2018 03:14 PM

Lostnconfused.......it is really easy to file a trespassing report. When my son was drinking...(and I didn't want him at my house or on my property if he was drinking)....I called the police...and they came...and filled out a "No trespassing report". All I had to do was sign it...not even go to the police station! It was good for 2 years...if I saw him on the property...they could come and ask him to leave/OR arrest him for trespassisng. **I think they gave him a copy of the form, also*, when they talked to him at the time...

It is possible, in possible theory, that he could have filled out a form...and, still gotten someone else to call you and pretend to be a policeman.
And, it could have been the policeman,( in my state...at least.)
I used to have rental properties in another town...and, I have had the police call me at all times when there was something bad going on,,,on my property.
I believe you that someone did call and talk to you...and, at least you h ave a recording.
As long as you don't ever go over there...I think you don't have to worry.
Alcoholics do KRAZY things...at any time of day or night. ...when their brains and thinking are distorted with alcohol/drugs/mental conditions.......or even, just when they want to get some kind of attention or reaction out of you....

Just keep that in mind...it has to do with what distortions are going on with HIM. Just protect yourself, going forward and keep as much distance and lack of contact as humanly possible.
I have often answered the phone when I am asleep, in the middle of the night....
as I never know what/who it can be...but if someone were deliberately trying to harass me by phone...I would mute my phone during the night hours..OR make sure that I check the caller ID for a strange number, first.....

don't make yourself crazy trying to figure out what he is doing or what his motives are.....it will drive you crazy, if you let it.....and, you sure don't want to, inadvertently, play into his drama.....

DontRemember 02-01-2018 03:28 PM

That's crazy..but, why did you even answer his call? After the unknown police number came up, I'm assuming his call back was from his phone.

Sasha1972 02-01-2018 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lostnconfu (Post 6769403)
And let me be clear, I could PROVE that I wasn't there. My car has a gps tracker on it. I absolutely wasn't there. Not even close! I thought I was crazy and checked my gps to be sure I wasn't sleep driving! Why is he doing this to me?!?!

Because he's nuts. There is no rhyme or reason to his behavior - you could exhaust yourself trying to figure out the "whys".

My ex sent me a letter telling me that he was appalled by my refusal to accept responsibility for the genocide of Native American people and as a consequence he withdrew permission for Kid to attend my church. It made no sense whatsoever, and never will.

dandylion 02-01-2018 03:42 PM

Lostnconfused.........I am not judging you for answering the phone in the middle of the night, at all.....I have done that myself.....
I don't think that makes a person guilty of anything but being a human being...it certainly doesn't make a person anything bad or negative...
I think it is a pretty normal response for a lot of people.....
Now that he has pulled this crazy maneuver...you can, now, just plan a strategy to deal ...to protect youself....from any possible further repeat performances.....

Lostnconfu 02-01-2018 03:44 PM

I have an app on my cell that records all conversations. Incoming and outgoing.

dandylion 02-01-2018 03:44 PM

Sasha......What???!!!
That would be a great one to add to our "Quackers" thread!

Lostnconfu 02-01-2018 03:49 PM

I'm in shock that you have turned this around on me. At all. No, there isn't more to the story. And yes, I have an app on my cell that records all of my calls. This was really rude. I lready feel crappy.

DontRemember 02-01-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lostnconfu (Post 6770141)
I'm in shock that you have turned this around on me. At all. No, there isn't more to the story. And yes, I have an app on my cell that records all of my calls. This was really rude. I lready feel crappy.

Pretty sure she was talking about which app you have..

dandylion 02-01-2018 04:06 PM

Lostandconfused......I was responding to Sasha's crazy alcoholic....it is a good one for our "Quackers" thread...that is a thread about all the crazy things that our alcoholics say and do.....you might like reading it...it is absolutely unbelievable...it will either make you laugh out loud...probably.....or cry...lol.

Not everyone is turning this around on you. Read my post. I am not blaming you at all!.
A person can get all sorts of responses, here on the forum.....from A to Z.
the best thing to do is to take only what is helpful for you...and leave the rest!
You already have enough stress.....

Opivotal 02-01-2018 04:35 PM

Please ... if you have nothing constructive to post ... move on to another thread.

Some posts have been removed. Rule#4

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Lostnconfu 02-01-2018 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 6770165)
Lostandconfused......I was responding to Sasha's crazy alcoholic....it is a good one for our "Quackers" thread...that is a thread about all the crazy things that our alcoholics say and do.....you might like reading it...it is absolutely unbelievable...it will either make you laugh out loud...probably.....or cry...lol.

Not everyone is turning this around on you. Read my post. I am not blaming you at all!.
A person can get all sorts of responses, here on the forum.....from A to Z.
the best thing to do is to take only what is helpful for you...and leave the rest!
You already have enough stress.....

I'm sorry, dandy. Thaty was not for u. It was for another user but admin deleted the post. You were very sweet. Thank you!

aliciagr 02-01-2018 07:52 PM

I dont blame you for being upset over the call by the police. That would have me really upset especially if I had no idea what they were talking about. Who knows what was going on with him? Maybe he has symptoms of paranoia ? My husband became paranoid at one point during his addiction. Or maybe he has had trouble with another woman stalking him, didnt know who it was, and somehow came to the conclusion it was you?

I have family and I would likely answer my phone during the night even from a number I didnt know. First you get that panic feeling because who calls during the night. At least in my life people dont call unless its a true emergency.

I hope you dont have to deal with any more craziness from him.

FeelingGreat 02-01-2018 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lostnconfu (Post 6770141)

I was a bit shocked too! I'm not in the group that thinks your A is doing this cynically. It sounds to me like he might actually be paranoid and thinks you're really there. Not that it's much comfort to you. I hope he reaches the point of needing medical treatment soon. His family will realise it was all in his head at that stage.
This has been a terrible shock for you. Look after yourself.

Ladybird579 02-02-2018 03:10 AM

I also think your ex is paranoid based on how my own ex behaved himself. No one could believe the stuff he did and said. We can be a shoot from the hip bunch here but we are on your side. People say things to help you protect yourself that's all. Please keep posting. :)

atalose 02-02-2018 06:25 AM

I thought the same thing. I could not fathom being called at 2:45am and being condescended to and yelled at. But when I filed the report this morning, he said that my ex DID file the trespassing report. He stated that I was across the street from his home. He said the officer who called was trying to let me know that a notice had been given so that if I was caught there that they could begin to file charges.
It sounds excessive to me that they did that in the middle of the night to you for a simple trespassing report, sorry that happened to you it shouldn't have. And I would look at the laws in your state regarding recording someone on the phone without their permission.

I agree his behavior is leaning towards psychotic and it's smart to never respond in any way to psychotic. Keep yourself safe!

Lostnconfu 02-02-2018 06:39 AM

Yeah, he is psychotic. As he is losing his mind, my therapist told me that there is a such things as alcoholic dementia or psychosis. He could explain better. But he said that is what my ex is going thru and what made him snap. That's cool! Not my prob anymore.

CentralOhioDad 02-02-2018 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by atalose (Post 6770897)
And I would look at the laws in your state regarding recording someone on the phone without their permission.

In Ohio only one party needs to be privy to the recording, not both parties.

In other words, I couldn't legally record a convo between you and Honeypig, but I could record between you and me.