Exhausted and need clarity

Old 02-01-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Old 02-01-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Lost, is it possible for you to get a restaining order for harassment against him?
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Lost, is it possible for you to get a restaining order for harassment against him?
I am going to check with an attorney today. Because I have not contacted him so for the police to call me in the AM accusing me of being near his home, is insane. And I have no clue why he is doing this, Sparkle! No clue. I just knew he would leave me alone and not contact me again if I went silent. Then he had the audacity to call again and say that is was a mistake. I don't believe he accidentally called me for one second!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Then he had the audacity to call again and say that is was a mistake. I don't believe he accidentally called me for one second!

I blocked my exah and didn't answer any unknown numbers. That stopped his games.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostnconfu View Post
I am going to check with an attorney today. Because I have not contacted him so for the police to call me in the AM accusing me of being near his home, is insane.
Does he have a restraining order against you? I don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed near his house even if you had been....
Old 02-01-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I think maybe understanding Why he is doing it is a lot less important than accepting that he IS doing it, so you can take appropriate action to protect yourself.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostnconfu View Post
oday 06:41 AM by Lostnconfu

Hi everyone. I'm super hurt and lost. Just trying to reach out I guess. I have been with the same man for 2 years. He always drank. I do not as I don't care for alcohol. He and I are best friends. We love each other. He drank but was never too crazy. He was working and able to function. We bot took leave from work around February last year and that's was when his drinking became more excessive. When he had nothing to do during the day. We transitioned into new careers in March. We were happy. Rarely argued. As time went on though, he started missing work. Was obviously drunk at work and was terminated when he refused to take a BAC level test. I blamed the job for a long time. Honestly, he was at fault. He didn't find a job and was just drinking. Always. In July, he began to have problems with his legs and feet being in pain. We went to the ER. And he was admitted with a severe infection and neuropathy. He had to be medically detoxed since his body is so dependent on alcohol. I stayed with him all 5 days over night. Bathed him. He was too weak on his own. Called into work to be with him. He got out and stopped drinking for 4 months. Sobriety excited him. He started working out twice a day and said he would never go back. I, of course paid all of the bills and really didn't complain because he was sober. It was greatly. I paid for him to get his license back. Bought him all new clothes and shoes and watches because I wanted his outside to reflect his new inside. I bought a new car. Gave him my old car. Because he wanted to drive for Uber. I made sure he was set up to be successful. Anyway, around this time he relapsed. And it was like something inside of him clicked. He began embarrassing me in restaurants by calling botched and stupid. He would call me fat ass at home. Scream and yell. So I asked him to go to AA with me. He made every excuse not to. Even at one point saying he was going but st the last moment refusing to get in the car because I was "bothering him". So, I went to alanon that night
When ii came back to the house, he had barricaded the door with a chair and told me to leave. He then called the police on me. When they got there, he was upset I wouldn't leave. Tried to flinch if I took a step close to him and told the police i was depressed and crazy. I explained what happened to the officers. They knew he was drunk. He reeked of whiskey. I decided to leave that night though we had never slept apart. Checked myself into a hotel. He has since called the police on me several times. And one night while i was sleeping, he took my keys out of my bag. When I came home, I couldn't get in. That was 2 weeks ago. He called his family and LIED on me, blatantly. He called the police on me last Monday. Saying I was stalking him and couldn't accept our breakup. I had no idea. Tuesday we talked on the phone just fine and reaffirmed that we are together. He was just struggling. He blamed me for his children knowing he is an alcoholic. When they knew that before I existed. Wednesday he called me for money. Friday I saw him and he was acting crazy. But told me he needed me to come upstairs and to be with him and told me go come back Friday night. I did. He ignored my calls and when he finally answered it was to tell me he wasn't there but I vould have a happy life and he was "gonna ley me go now". I waited in the car but he never showed. I called him a million yimes Saturday because all of my work clothes ate in the house. I need them. I've been rotating 2 outfits. Saturday I text him and told him I was calling the police and my uncle as I needed my things. His sister called me shortly after that text, I missed her call and then blocked me. Idk why as I haven't spoken to her in weeks. Months actually. Sunday I called the police to meet me at the home to get my things and that's when i found out about the report he did on Monday. He has also blocked me from calling. Idk why. He will NOT give me my clothes. At all. I'm not sure why! Idk what to do. And keep in mind, he drinks morning and night. Half a gallon of whiskey a day. He isn't ever sober. He has convinced everyone that I'm crazy and unstable. His family. The police. I've done EVERYTHING for him. He isn't even working. He just lays there and drinks. He is 2 months behind on rent that I paid and got money from me last Weds. Even though he made the report on Monday. It's like he's lost his mind. Completely. He has become cruel and vicious. He claimed he wanted to go to therapy with me because I'm having mental probs. I work. Paid my bills and his. I don't have a problem. I don't even drink. I'm going crazy trying to understand what's happening. Why won't he give me my clothes? How did he stop loving me like this? What's happening???
Hi there I spent a little over 15 months with an alcoholic. I had no idea in the beginning that he was an alcoholic only that he like to drink. It was a long distance relationship so I didn't find out until I got into the thick of things with him. And of course I loved the guy. Two days ago he broke it off with me because it "wasn't working for him". Even though it was a long distance relationship I was always there for him, day or night. he would call me if he were sick, when his mom passed away or just in general if he was having a crappy day. He would often start ridiculous arguments with me when he was sober AND drunk. It was like I was on this crazy emotional train. He would start the dumbest arguments with me like "your knee is touching my leg and it's annoying me"! Yes that was an argument. even when he was sober I was walking on eggshells because of his moodiness. I know him breaking up with me is a blessing in disguise and I have dodged a bullet but it still hurts. I know it's easier said than done but you just have to try to move forward and understand you deserve way better then what he's putting you through. Hugs
Old 02-02-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

This guy sounds psychotic and he's trying to manipulate the law to harass you. It's creepy af. I would change my phone number if I were you. I had to do this too. It's inconvenient, but it will give you peace of mind if you didn't get calls, voicemails or anything from him. If he persists, you should think of getting a restraining order (if you can). I'm sorry this is happening. Your realization that you are the prize is great. You are an awesome human being. Always remember that... you don't deserve anything he's been saying about you or the way he treats you. You are smart, responsible, and awesome.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi, Ophelia. Thank you so much for your support. And I honestly, don't think that he was paranoid or thought he saw me. Even when I spoke to my awesome therapist, he believes that this is a tactic. Everything from keeping all of my clothing and such, to having an officer call me. This is about him being an errant toddler throwing a tantrum because he is not getting what he wants. I have been completely silent since Sunday. And have decided that my things aren't worth it. Nothing is. He wanted me to still be crazy. Calling him over and over and demanding my stuff. But no. He doesn't get to keep my things and my peace. My peace is worth more. So, the officer and all of that was just a desperate ploy to get my attention because he has none of it. It's sick as heck though. And I still REFUSE to play this game. He gets nothing from me.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Roseb123 View Post
Hi there I spent a little over 15 months with an alcoholic. I had no idea in the beginning that he was an alcoholic only that he like to drink. It was a long distance relationship so I didn't find out until I got into the thick of things with him. And of course I loved the guy. Two days ago he broke it off with me because it "wasn't working for him". Even though it was a long distance relationship I was always there for him, day or night. he would call me if he were sick, when his mom passed away or just in general if he was having a crappy day. He would often start ridiculous arguments with me when he was sober AND drunk. It was like I was on this crazy emotional train. He would start the dumbest arguments with me like "your knee is touching my leg and it's annoying me"! Yes that was an argument. even when he was sober I was walking on eggshells because of his moodiness. I know him breaking up with me is a blessing in disguise and I have dodged a bullet but it still hurts. I know it's easier said than done but you just have to try to move forward and understand you deserve way better then what he's putting you through. Hugs
Oh, Hon. I know how it feels. I just kept remembering how free I am and then it all clicked. It gets better. I didn't believe it but it does. Nothing hurts forever.