Sadness

Old 01-25-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sadness

I woke up early today and, feeling sad, I decided to watch Jerry Seinfeld and Amy Schumer drinking coffee together to cheer me up. Amy made an alcoholic joke and I burst into tears. I guess there will be good days and bad days.,,,
Old 01-25-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Remember Foster Brooks - the comedian who made his career acting like a drunk? I loved watching him when I was younger, but once you're in it, it doesn't seem so funny anymore. I used to do a fabulous Foster Brooks impression!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Blueskies.....absolutely! These are feelings that you need to process when they come....
I think that this just indicates how much pain you have had surrounding his alcoholism....
Old 01-25-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

People who post about needing to drink wine because of their kids on Facebook is a big trigger for me....
Old 01-25-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blueskies, there are TOTALLY good days and bad days. This thread may speak to you: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...akes-time.html (A riff on "time takes time")

And you also might find something helpful here: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ompassion.html (Compassion)

Grieving takes as long as it takes. You can't rush through it or take it as an "accelerated course." You can't cram for it like a mid-term exam. It will take its own sweet time. Even if you are as kind to yourself as possible, even if you do every healing thing you can think of, even if you do your best to surround yourself with positive people and positive thoughts, it will still take time.

Please don't take this to mean that you have no choice but to suffer and that there is no point in doing everything you can to learn, grow and heal. It doesn't mean that at all. What I want to say is that even if you're doing GREAT, even if you're thinking "I'm so far past all of that", grief can still blindside you.

But it will pass. It will all pass. And the skies will be blue indeed, in time...
Old 01-25-2018, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The alcoholic sister when she fell off the wagon in Happy Valley set me off nearly 3 years post divorce. It surprised me but it was a flashback to how my life had been and how I was as a person then. Remembering the sheer pain of it all. xx
Old 01-25-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is such a supportive place

Thank you to all of you. My day got better in the afternoon when I had some nice conversations with coworkers. When I got home I found a text on my phone from my husband who wants me to meet him for a couple of hours on Sunday. This makes me happy.