The hardest healing had nothing to do with alcoholism

Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The hardest healing had nothing to do with alcoholism

Coming through this past year of healing has been the absolutely hardest out of anything before on this journey. I've been brought to and through pain in my life worse than I ever could have imagined.

I've survived it twice.... once as I lived through it, even as my brain hid the memories from myself in protection until I was ready and able do deal with it... and then again as it started bubbling up and finally surfaced.

In dark moments that come up now, I have greater recovery skills, faith and trust in healing process. These times are shorter and more infrequent lately. I'm immensely grateful for the reprieve!

One day at a time. One foot in front of the other.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Once upon a time...

A long, long time ago...

I believed...

Many things...

Because they were viewed...

Through glasses that were smudged, sooty and muddied...

I started standing out in the rain, with my arms outstretched, welcoming light sprinkles and heavy downpours... and the glasses and my vision began to clear...

Then one day...

I took off the old glasses and put on new polarized sun glasses. Life was suddenly brilliant and full of colors and details I was never aware of before.

They were magical glasses. Even my memories were seen in new ways. I saw myself and others in a new light. It was crystal clear, bright, shining... leaving no doubt there were many wonderful things in my past, my life, my relationships .... and many more of these unfolding throughout each day. These new glasses came with no strings attached.

As my joy and awe grew, so did the fullness of my life...

Taking me in unexpected directions...

And giving me a trust in knowing...

The best is yet to come...